Horten hears a Deere - Ho229 back from the dead!

seiran01

Major progress tonight - 2nd engine completed and installed, top fuselage frame added, and right wing permanently attached.  Thanks for the compliments and encouragement so far, everyone, especially considering the "helpful" jerk from the club meeting yesterday :punk:

Several notes here:

1 - This kit is now, without a doubt, my favourite build of all time, even in the unfinished state! I don't think model design will outdo this for many years to come (and yes, I'm taking recent Tamiya 32nd kits into consideration as I say that)

2 - The top fuse frame attaches in MANY places including cross braces, wing spars, and to the engines themselves. TAKE YOUR TIME when adding this, and carefully glue as you go, not all at once. This assembly was the most difficult part of the build so far, but the end result is stunning and well worth the effort.

3 - each wing is held on by the four "bolts" just like the real plane. These are molded on the clear sprue and I was concerned how brittle they may be. They are, luckily, very strong and fit very tightly. No glue was used and there's no danger whatsoever of the things coming out.

On to the cockpit build now!

unnamed1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

That looks amazing Mike. I would love to be able to build as quickly as you are but alas with two young 'uns, I can only wish.

Keep up the great progress and glad to hear the critic isn't getting you down.

Carl

Edit: talk about typos from the spell correct on my phone. Sheesh.

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Thanks guys. The instructions take 3 whole pages to show the top frame piece being added from multiple angles, zoomed-in diagrams, and photographs. Zoukei Mura appears to have put a lot of effort into uncomplicating the complicated assembly as much as possible, and it's most welcome on this build.

Thanks guys. The instructions take 3 whole pages to show the top frame piece being added from multiple angles, zoomed-in diagrams, and photographs. Zoukei Mura appears to have put a lot of effort into uncomplicating the complicated assembly as much as possible, and it's most welcome on this build.

That's great news!

John