Jump to content

pg265

LSP_Members
  • Content Count

    292
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

pg265 last won the day on October 3 2014

pg265 had the most liked content!

About pg265

  • Rank
    Hooked For Life

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. pg265

    Paul Fisher is Safe

    Really glad to hear that Paul Fisher and his family are safe. Speechless...
  2. Good evening Modelers, Thank you! I worked a bit on the small metal tanks and others parts that need to be cleaned and polished. Fuel filter/distributor and water expansion tank. I also made a quick test of the pedals on the front bulkhead. Pascal
  3. Good evening Mates, Washers were added on the wheels bolting. I also started to shape the front brakes Lockheed tubing and recycle à Modelers T fitting as a distributor. More quickly Pascal
  4. Me again... I’ve modified the throttle linkage. The White Metal original ones were not that good, so I replaced them with machined parts. The mesh over the stacks is now done, and I must admit it was pretty fun to form and install: I’m mot unhappy with the result. Oils have also been applied on the heat shield as well as a portion of aluminium tape on both external sides. I really like the view of the trumpets through the mesh. The rear stab bar has been remade with 1mm ø brass, which was later chemically burnished. Now working on the connection rods. One started compared to raw white metal original part. Voilà, voilà. More soon! Pascal
  5. Hi, Thanks a lot to all of you for the kind comments Mates. Alclad White Alu and Klear Kote. Wheels prep & paint session: Primer Alclad Black: Pale Gold Alclad: Liquid mask and tape removed: Time for oils: Test fit of anti roll bar, gearbox and half side transmission. Pascal
  6. Sorry... but me Agaaaain! Rosso Corsa GC and Semi Gloss Black ZP on the rear shocks and the steering wheel. Dull Aluminium (Alclad) on the rear hubs Test fit of the front end: Thermic screen adjusted and drilled for the roll cage: (Titanium White GC): Not very happy with the Dull Alu, so black Alclad is sprayed: Tubes installed in the radiator and started to work on the rear suspension components: Front brakes scoops are painted white: test fitting of the bathtub: Weld seams on the 3in1 exhaust parts: Pascal
  7. Me again. Engine progress. I was not that happy with the kit throttle linkage... So I decided to build new ones with machined parts from RBMotion. It was also necessary to show a bit of interest regarding the exhaust and prepare the white metal parts of the Spaghetti: To prime and paint them: Other parts are just treated to be left with a natural metal finish: I prefer soldering them instead of gluing for évident reasons: I played a bit with the iron in order to replicate weld seams : The engine connected to the gear box and vice versa, and install for test fit in its compartment: Next to the small 1/20 sister : Rear brake discs before assembly on the gear box: ... and few accessories: Modification of the rear hubs in order to adapt machined parts: Time for primer: The body is drilled in order to be riveted with MFH aluminium rivet: The engine is... big. Almost the size of the 1/20 kit: More soon. I hope you enjoy this WIP. Pascal
  8. Hi Mates, it’s been a long time since my last post... A new Formula 1, from 1967 (Greaaaat year!) Here are few pics of the engine. More soon. Pascal
  9. Me again... And others with "clothes"! Voilà . Pascal
  10. Hi, Thank you so much Mates! Few more pics of the car undressed. Pascal
  11. Bonsoir, Thank you very much Mates Here we are! The Roaring Papaya is finished. Mat black after masking: Windshield is installed with 0.7 resin rivets. Mirrors, Dzus and metal rivets of the front hatch are also now done. I'm trying to take better pics maybe a bit later... I hope this wip was plesant for you. As usual, comments and remarks are welcome. Pascal
  12. with her red friend: already thinking to the next one... More soon. The end is not far. Sorry once again for being absent for so long... Pascal
  13. Fuel pump, expansion bowl (?...) and wing mounts installed. The engine mounting plates are rebuilt and installed with RBMotion hardware. Time for the Papaya to have wheels. Central seam line is sanded. The blue ring is a mix of US Navy paints from Model Master Acryl. Tires are airbrushed thru the MFH tool. A last look on the caliper and its details... Shoes or socks on! Nose on: Pascal
  14. Stabilizing bar and rear view mirrors polished: The intake trumpets are made of brass and need another color. As usual with that kind of part, I prefer a chemical traetment. So, the mesh is burnished with a blackening agent and slightly dry brushed with Metal Cote Polished Steel. Then a thin aluminum band is installed around the base of the mesh. An example on the MFH Lotus 49 DFV intakes, then on the AWESOME Widia velocity stacks of the McLaren. Pascal
  15. Hi, Sooooooo much time since the last post First, coolant pipe. The one which is running under the right side of the Body. Masked, primed, painted and quickly clear coated with brush and Klear. Installed and connected to the water pump on the engine side and to the radiator on the front end. Same thing on the left side. Pascal
×