PT-22

MikeMaben

Seems it always comes down to the legal eagles. Why Boeing would care about making a few dollars from kit sales is beyond me? seems it would be good PR for the company.

One thing is clear for me: their legal greediness is definitely BAD PR for me...

What is worse is that they also apply it to planes they were not even able to conceive back in the past, like the TBD or the P-51... or the Model 75 .... :fight:

Hubert

Well, I hate to say it, but if the model 75 DOES come to fruition, it may be one of those releases that I jump on RIGHT away without delay in case some worst-case-scenario happens and it doesn't stay available in the US (where unfortunately most of its market would be).

Otherwise I may be tapping into some of my EU/UK LSP friends for some help in sending me my Stearman!

Well, I hate to say it, but if the model 75 DOES come to fruition, it may be one of those releases that I jump on RIGHT away without delay in case some worst-case-scenario happens and it doesn't stay available in the US (where unfortunately most of its market would be).

Otherwise I may be tapping into some of my EU/UK LSP friends for some help in sending me my Stearman!

:) You can count on me

Great call on the Firefly V Paul!

I'm definately up for that one too, every success with the PT-22 and my order is on the way to you.

Don't forget the Supermarine Seahawk while your thinking RN!!

Happy days.

It wasn't just me heard Firefly then!! My heart just skipped a beat.. or three!

Tim

The firefly is a superb choice , and I'll be getting one at least , i love that Aircraft , for reasons that might go back to airfix , in the mid 60's, and a very badly made one being flown round the room by a a little boy .. who'd just made his first kit all on his own ..

happy memories!

The Pt-22 is a superb looking kit, and I wiss you all the bsst with it Paul, but this time i'll have to pass .. so many kits - so little money!

Why Boeing would care about making a few dollars from kit sales is beyond me? Seems it would be good PR for the company to let kit manufacturers freely market models of their products.

It's not about money. It's more about precedent setting.

It's one of those 'no exceptions' rules so it's sort of automatic.

• 4 weeks later...

It's not about money. It's more about precedent setting.

It's one of those 'no exceptions' rules so it's sort of automatic.

FYI: typically while a company can trademark a name, such as "Stearman," they cannot trademark a generic designation such as Primary Trainer XT-1 (or whatever the government assigned to the Stearman. That is why you see kits of the Willys Jeep only marked as "1/4 ton Utility 4x4."

FYI: typically while a company can trademark a name, such as "Stearman," they cannot trademark a generic designation such as Primary Trainer XT-1 (or whatever the government assigned to the Stearman. That is why you see kits of the Willys Jeep only marked as "1/4 ton Utility 4x4."

So I guess we need to be looking for a USAAC Primary Trainer "Model 75" from Silverwings then?

Edited by Out2gtcha

Not to spin too far off topic, but I wish we'd get a decent 1/4 ton utility vehicle in 1/32! It's a good thing we can get "things" shipped around as needed, or it would be hard to get a USAAC model 75 trainer, when they do come out. The PT-22 is a beauty, and yellow wings to boot.