Dream come true...finally a 1/32 Tempest V!!

R Palimaka

Saw a note over on one of the other sites that Special Hobby has announced a Tempest V for 2013!!! I can't believe it has taken this long!! Here is the box-top artwork, and a link that doesn't seem to be working at the moment, but I'll keep trying:

http://www.modelforu...381985#p1381985

sh32049hawker20tempest2.jpg

Edited by R Palimaka

Great news Richard! The box art image also perfectly illustrates the wing leading edge colour I was banging on about in my Spitfire thread.

Kev

It's great news for a lot of people I think, this is the one kit I've been waiting for for ages!! There have been rumours for a while, glad to see it confirmed. I absolutely love the Tempest, such a powerful brute of an aircraft with gorgeous lines. I would love to have a print of that artwork too!

And you're right Kevin, that does show the yellow to good advantage. It's a very deep yellow for certain.

You can't see it, but I'm jumping for joy here!! And I've also got the Silver Wings P.11c to look forward to. Gonna be a good year, unless the Mayans are right!

Thrilled, absolutely thrilled.

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

Can't believe they are finally producing the Tempest. I have to get one. Have. To. Hopefully it won't be too crazy expensive, I'm willing to go to about $80 for this thing, but not much above that.

Can't wait!

Matt :party0023:

Hopefully they get around to releasing their 1/48 He-115 as well in the next year. In their October newsletter, it was listed as "next month's releases", and now the December newsletter, it's gone to "forthcoming release". I really want to build one of those, so they need to hurry up!

Yes, maybe a Typhoon will follow, although there are a lot of differences between the two planes, right?

Matt :party0023: