Trainer Aircraft In 1/32. What Would You Like To See?

fightersweep

There are certainly plenty of jet trainers that are needed. Apart from the everneeded Gnat and Jet Provests, a 1/32 DH Vampire T.11 and Gloster Meteor T.7 have to be up there as potentially good sellers?

When we do eventually get a large scale SEPECAT Jaguar, the T.2 will also look very elegent. I have plans for an upgrade detail set for the old Revell 1/32 Harrier GR.1 kit, so a T.2/4 is not out of the question (unless someone else does it before I do?).

We now have the Revell Hawk T.Mk.1 kit, but we still need an Alpha jet? Of course, other twin stick variants of fighters will also be welcomed (We already have Paul Fisher's excellent Hawker Hunter T.Mk.7 conversion, but we still need the likes of a TF-104, TF-8, Harrier T/10/TAV-8B - which I think Heritage Aviation Models is also working on, etc).

Derek

The Boeing Stearman is on the top of my list just above the Ryan PT-22. I spoke with Paul Fisher about both and he expressed concerns with Boeing and copy right infringments on the Stearman. Who knows maybe the PT-22 might be a possibility though HE DID NOT SAY ANYTHING that implied he so!

Barry

Since I flew them for over 3 1/2 years, the T-38 is numero uno on my list. I still can't believe they paid me to fly that plane, I guess we all get lucky sometimes!! :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

I loved that jet! Flew them as a student at Vance, then flew the AT-38B at Holloman for LIFT. My wife was a 38 IP for 7 years-

Cheers

Pete

I sure like those Saabs; the 105, Viggen and Draken are some of the few aircraft with "propellers on the inside" that I really want on my model shelf. Splinter camo rules.

Tnarg

I think our scale needs a Harvard/Texan and a Stearman Model 75. Both would surely be great sellers

I agree wholeheartedly with your choices Ron!

Why these haven't ever been done in our scale in IM is a mystery to me?

There is hope that FM&P may come up with the Stearman at some point in their schedules, and Hobbycraft had an ambition to to do the T-6 some time back.

However, none have been forthcoming and I would have thought that one of the new and ambitious model companies may decide to fill these gaps in due course if the likes of Revell and Hasegawa continue to ignore them in the future.

Having said that, there are still plenty of WWII fighters and bombers that have still yet to be announced in 1/32 and the key player manufacturers may well focus on these over the next few years if we're lucky?

I've still got enough models in my stash to last me another lifetime so no complaints from me, but it would be nice to see them after all this time!

Here's hoping.

Roy.