F2G Corsair Racer

Bryan

I finished my F2G Corsair Racer from this build thread: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=35207&st=0&p=329656&fromsearch=1entry329656

Overall I am happy with the result. It has a few issues and small shape errors, but it looks like an F2G to me and I have never been much of a rivet counter. Not much more to say about it, as the build and trials and tribulations are pretty well covered in the build thread. I found it a difficult build and it took me a long time to finish...but that had as much to do with sporadic attention to it as anything else.

Toward the end of this project I was definitely feeling a bit of "model airplane burnout" setting in. I think my next build will be something that just falls together, like a Tamiya P-51. Or I might do an armor model.

Thanks for looking!

zxb0PvS.jpg

09fiQvA.jpg

i71ZOMx.jpg

23oWxTJ.jpg

vDSAlNw.jpg

Edited by Bryan

Guest Peterpools

Bryan

Brilliant workmanship and I have to award you ACES for staying the course. I followed your build from dy one and was amazed at your creativeness and skill in over coming the numerous obstacles and pitfalls.

Gorgeous build!

:thumbsup: :yahoo: :thumbsup:

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!

I have always loved the Super Corsair, and your rendition is the finest I have ever seen. You should be very proud of your efforts on this one, and know that I am EXTREMELY envious that you get to put this one in YOUR display case! :bow:

Bryan,

Your build was great to follow and is really a lot of inspiration, not only your top notch build skills and problem solving, but working to completion no matter how hard it fought you. Your model looks like it weighs the full scale’s loaded wt of 13,346 lbs and ready to race. Hope you have a stout shelf to place it on!

Bill