F2G Corsair Racer

Bryan

Just to echo what the others have said , a beautiful, inspiring peice of work

By coincidence , I have in front of me the March 2012 Classic Aircraft magazine , and inside is a beautiful feature on the F2G, including an air to air with both of them.. damm its inspiring!...

Edited by Scotsman

Oh wow, what a sweet build. Bryan, you did fabulous job. I always loved that a/c and every time I was a Reno Races I would go to the pits to take pic of it. Now, I will need to see if I can pick-up or find one of these conversion. It sure will be cool. Thanks for sharing your work.

Mike

Oh wow, what a sweet build. Bryan, you did fabulous job. I always loved that a/c and every time I was a Reno Races I would go to the pits to take pic of it. Now, I will need to see if I can pick-up or find one of these conversion. It sure will be cool. Thanks for sharing your work.

Mike

Agreed Mike, Bryan did a fantastic job. My bro and I were going to attend the 2012 Reno event.........but wth money tight and the previous years Reno disaster still fresh, we decided to put our next Reno trip off till 2013, which is the Golden 50th anniversery of the Reno air races, and we figured ALL of the major players will be there for SURE in 2013..........maybe not so, in 2012.

I have the XS models conversion Bryan used here and all indications he made are correct. Not the greatest conversion or highest quality.

I dont currently see it on his web site, but wasnt Mike West from Lone Star supposed to out an F2G conversion?

Brian

Agreed Mike, Bryan did a fantastic job. My bro and I were going to attend the 2012 Reno event.........but wth money tight and the previous years Reno disaster still fresh, we decided to put our next Reno trip off till 2013, which is the Golden 50th anniversery of the Reno air races, and we figured ALL of the major players will be there for SURE in 2013..........maybe not so, in 2012.

I try to go pretty much every year, as Reno is only about 90 minutes from me. I actually was wondering if the races would be held again at all after the 2011 disaster. This being the USA, I am sure all the litigation from 2011 is just now warming up, and doubtless will include not only the race organizers but whatever regional governing bodies can be sucked in as defendents as well. Not to mention, there is always a significant "segment" who are opposed to any machines, especially those that go fast, make a lot of noise and/or once had military applications. These sorts would doubtless seize on 2011 as an opportunity to end the air races altogether. Or they might be "sanitized" to remove all appeal (required to race at 5000 feet or something).

I will be very pleased if the Reno Air Races endure at all, particularly in any form similar to what they have been up to now. I hate to be negative...but those are my fears.

Thanks for all the kind words on the model guys.

Bryan, from what I am been told the show/races are going to be held this year as well. As crazy as last year was, I know cause I was there, it is way too big of a deal for City of Reno to just not have them. A lot of businesses depend on the event every year.

Bryan, not to hijack your thread, but if any of y'all visit Reno Races then stop by our booth. My friend is a retire SR-71 pilot and we have been going to Reno since 89 and our booth is always behind the Grand Stands close to the pits. So, stop by and say Hello!!

Mike

I try to go pretty much every year, as Reno is only about 90 minutes from me. I actually was wondering if the races would be held again at all after the 2011 disaster. This being the USA, I am sure all the litigation from 2011 is just now warming up, and doubtless will include not only the race organizers but whatever regional governing bodies can be sucked in as defendents as well. Not to mention, there is always a significant "segment" who are opposed to any machines, especially those that go fast, make a lot of noise and/or once had military applications. These sorts would doubtless seize on 2011 as an opportunity to end the air races altogether. Or they might be "sanitized" to remove all appeal (required to race at 5000 feet or something).

I will be very pleased if the Reno Air Races endure at all, particularly in any form similar to what they have been up to now. I hate to be negative...but those are my fears.

Thanks for all the kind words on the model guys.

Bryan, from what I am been told the show/races are going to be held this year as well. As crazy as last year was, I know cause I was there, it is way too big of a deal for City of Reno to just not have them. A lot of businesses depend on the event every year.

Bryan, not to hijack your thread, but if any of y'all visit Reno Races then stop by our booth. My friend is a retire SR-71 pilot and we have been going to Reno since 89 and our booth is always behind the Grand Stands close to the pits. So, stop by and say Hello!!

Mike

Yep guys, not only are the 2012 races on for SURE, the 2013 Golden 50th Anniversary of Reno is already on the docket for September 11-15, 2013:

Per the .pdf Reno ticket brochure:

"MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THE 50TH

ANNUAL RENO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

AIR RACES AND AIR SHOW

September 11-15, 2013"

2012 Reno National Championship Air Races brochure

Brian