F2G Corsair Racer

Bryan

Well Bryans build thread http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=35207&page=1 showed up in a Google search while I was doing my research on 1/32 R-4360 engines for my smarty farty comment regarding how big the Spruce Goose was on another thread.

But I just had to blow the dust of this RFI thread of this amazing model.

AMAZING WORK BRYAN.......per usual :thumbsup:

Agreed Mike, Bryan did a fantastic job. My bro and I were going to attend the 2012 Reno event.........but wth money tight and the previous years Reno disaster still fresh, we decided to put our next Reno trip off till 2013, which is the Golden 50th anniversery of the Reno air races, and we figured ALL of the major players will be there for SURE in 2013..........maybe not so, in 2012.

I have the XS models conversion Bryan used here and all indications he made are correct. Not the greatest conversion or highest quality.

I dont currently see it on his web site, but wasnt Mike West from Lone Star supposed to out an F2G conversion?

Brian

I too am going to be there. So, we should meet up. I'll be helping a friend sell his books from Friday to Sunday. As we get closer I'll pass my phone # to ya. Oh and yes, Mike West did complete the conversion.

Mike

I too am going to be there. So, we should meet up. I'll be helping a friend sell his books from Friday to Sunday. As we get closer I'll pass my phone # to ya. Oh and yes, Mike West did complete the conversion.

Mike

Cool! Yeah we should. Itll be a hellava week. We are arriving sometime between that previous Sunday the 8th and Tues the 10th. Sounds good. As we are getting a rental car, I think we may even try to get there on that previous Sunday or Monday to have time to scope out any cool aviation museums or the like.

• 4 years later...

I think they call this a necro thread. 

It's a really killer-looking model! Race 57 is a fantastic airplane. 

I still have an article I saved from the San Jose Mercury News about it having engine trouble and having to put it into San Jose International.  I think this was sometime in the early 2000s.