German twin : Vac Do-335 nightfighter

Loic

@ Matt: feel free to copy whatever you may find interesting my friend, this is what those share builds are for.

I was initially VERY tempted but the night figther (2 seater) version as I am a night fighter fan :rolleyes: but for some reason I still do not completely understand, I will finally go for the 1 seater... wierd...

@ harv: thanks my friend ;)

One thing I did not say is that the fin + some of the top parts are sliding into the rear duct, they are not glued yet to help the paint job later hence on one of the pic they do look slightly of set.

I shall try to shoot a pic of the parts later.

Also, looking at that last pic, it seams there is a big gap between the smaller duct and the belly but it is only because the damn thing is upside down and the assembly has experienced some gravity action :doh:

Thanks for following !

Edited by Loic

@ jong: any help would be welcome indeed. woud you mind shooting a few pix for me? That Shep Payne stuff sounds very interesting indeed. Any idea how we could proceed for teh sharing?

I'll scan the diorama sheet and e-mail it along with some pics to the address in your profile. If there's a different address you want it sent to shoot me a PM with it. Also, let me know if you want scans of the instruction sheets.

Hi Loic,

Just finished reading your thread, very impressive work on the vac Arrow. :m0152:

Your craftsmanship is excellent, very neat and tidy scratch building and excellent part fitting to the fuselage.

Interesting that the Tigger Kit has such thick plastic. This will make life a lot easier, thin vac plastic kit parts are terrible to work with. :deadhorse:

Does the kit has panel’s lines or do you have to re-scribe all of them?

I am assuming that you are building the twin seater nighter / bomber version of the Do335?

The Arrow is going to be my next project after the Ju 52 bomber, using a Combat Model Kit along with the Rutman resin detail set. Hence I will be following this thread with a lot of interest.

If you need some reference material, send me a PM and I see if I can help you out.

Once again, fantastic build; glad to see another vac kit on LSP. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Christian

Hi guys,

thanks a lot to all of you for following and for your kind words.

@ Johng: thanks a lot. The email address on my profil is OK. many thanks once again.

@ Christian: indeed, the thickness of Tigger's model makes all the diference! The only down side is the very limited surface details. I will have to rescribe the entire kit but this will be very feasable (not to say easy) thanks to the thickness once again. Thanks for you proposal too, if I need any more help, I will drop you a PM ;)

@ Dodgem37: I bought the drawings used from a good fellow here at LSP, they do not come with the kit.

I was on "social duties" all the day so I was not able to make any progress but as soon as I have something that worth an update, I will let you know !

Jeez, Louise! Is this great or what?! Did the drawings come with the kit? Or did you find them elsewhere?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Mark

The drawings are the excellent work of Arthur Bentley. He has done much work for the Classic series of books (Do 335, Hs 129, Mistel, Me 163 etc). His work is available from this link http://www.albentley...m/catalogue.htm

Do note it can take a while for Arthur to get back to emails, but the wait is worth it!

Matt

Edited by mattlow

ahhh Loic, this is going to be sweet! I think creating masterpieces from vac forms and card models is definitely the way forward these days! Can't wait to see this come together, if I can provide any resources please let me know as my dad has a large collection of luftwaffe books - am sure he'll have something you can use for references

good luck