1/32 Bristol Blenheim

onosendai

If ever there was a kit I'd like to see a review of before purchasing. I do like the idea of a 1/32 Blenheim sitting on my shelf...

LSP_Kevin? I nominate you.

- Dennis S.

Westminster, CO USA

This seems a bit of an ambit claim at this stage. It will be interesting to see where it goes.

Thanks for thinking of me, Dennis! Based on the company's subscription-based model, I'd say review samples will be unlikely.

Kev

300 microns has to be a misprint. More likely it is 30. 300 is coarser than a farriers file for horse hooves!!

I would also be a bit leary of using 3d printed materials for anything permanent. We have been using them for 15 years now, this is NOT new technology!! Some are better than others, but none have the long term stability of more traditional materials, simply from the way they are cured/deposited, especially under load, and when exposed to uv light. They are fine fore smaller details though.

We Only use them for short term requirements, or as sacrificial masters for resin castings. Your mileage may vary of course!

Tim

I don't get why anyone would use 3D prints for the master parts, They only need to be made once and well! 3D printing is for just knocking out a quick rough part to check your general drawings. You would have to do so much sanding and filling and hand scribing for the panel lines It would end up looking hand made.

Hi,

3D is the way forward for masters, just finishing a job of about 300 parts for a kick-starter project the parts are amazing.

Hope to post some pictures shortly (not LSP)

The medium we use is a jewellers wax for investment casting but the resolution in great at 6.25 microns it should be but it takes an age to print.

Just pop them in rubber and from a casting we can produce a really good master, just a squirt of Mr Surfacer 1500.

We have been working on this for a bout five years and have some great results.

Bob

The minimum pre-order number is 75, or it doesn't go ahead.

Kev

Bit of risk then isn't it ... asking us to shell out $60 with not even any master patterns to look at ... and a further $70 if it actually makes it into production ... with no previous work as a reference point for quality ...

Oooo-er!!  :unsure:

I'll think it over ... but it seems like a big ask ... Now if it was HpH - and Mirek was doing the ask, on the other hand ..... ?

Rog :)

I do not know of any SLA printer with 30 microns resolution, Tim ...

All you other points are vey good ones, btw ...

Hubert

It depends on what one understands by the term resolution. The Form1+ can print layers as thin as 25 microns, while the finest detail can be as small as 300 microns.

http://formlabs.com/support/faq/#Form-1-plus