Next GB: Colour my World Blue

BradG

Ok guys the next Group Build after the Shelf of Doom is;

Colour my World Blue. The two criteria are; blue must be a prominent highlighting colour, think blue nose P-51 Mustangs or the dominant upper surface camouflage colour. For example, an Isreali P-51D in blue-grey and sand is out, but an aggressor F-18 in medium blue, light blue and grey is in. We will err on the side of inclusion for those cases that are border line.

Any questions just ask.  

Does this mean that blue as a base color is "off-limits", as it only is allowed in the terms of "prominent highlighting"?

If so, wouldn't this exclude the Lockheed F-5B (recon conversion of the P-38), all Korean war USN all-dark-blue F4U's, F9F Panthers, Skyraiders, as well as French Naval F4U's, F6F's, etc.????

Edited by Gigant

Does this mean that blue as a base color is "off-limits", as it only is allowed in the terms of "prominent highlighting"?

If so, wouldn't this exclude the Lockheed F-5B (recon conversion of the P-38), all Korean war USN all-dark-blue F4U's, F9F Panthers, Skyraiders, as well as French Naval F4U's, F6F's, etc.????

The rule also says “or the dominant upper surface camouflage colorâ€. Blue overall would seem to exceed this criteria. It would be ridiculous to eliminate overall blue aircraft from a GB called Colour my World Blue. Edited by Dave Williams

I think prominent squadron or personalised markings that are predominantly or notably blue would also be in the mix. I'm undecided if a blue spinner would be enough, but certainly something like the image below qualifies:

32%20Sqn%20AW%20Siskin%2C%20Kenley%2C%20

Kev

Oooh, I'm about to start a Snipe; would no 7 on here qualify? https://www.pheondecals.com/32043-sopwith-snipe-post-war-raf.html

The 19 Sqn marking looks black-ish here, but is actually blue.

... and blue it is !

- on the Speed Spifire

- on Fisher's Panther and Cougar

- on Williams' Bros Caudron racer

- on Fisher's (or LSM) Bugatti racer

- on a Nichimo Cessna 172

- on a Planet Models F5-U

- on a HPH Tigercat

(you may add to the list ;). Come one guys, open up your minds : the topic is not just about camoed Hornets !

Hubert

+ Aerotech S.5 and S.6

+ almost any WW2 and early cold war US Navy aircraft

+ a lot of modern russian aircraft

+ a lot of US aggressor schemes (possibly F/A-18, F-14, F-16, A-4, F-15)

+ almost all US aircraft used by France in the early 50's (corsairs, bearcats, hellcats, avengers...)

+ a lot of anniversary special schemes

+ many other possibilities