Another Kotare Spitfire - Mk.I (Early)

Shoggz

The call outs for the cockpit specify a 'Supermarine interior green' using Tamiya's XF-71 as the base.

I made my own using MRP-111 Interior Grey Green.

Here's my first set of airbrushed components:

53651359225_f58d0e0213_b.jpg

Next step - some construction and instrument panel. I used the kit decals on my previous 'Mid version' Kotare and I aim to do so here too, as I thought they worked great.

Nice start Richard!

Agreed with all: you really can’t have too many Spitfires! :D

The kit decals are astonishing especially the IP ones - wouldn’t you agree?. I know you have used them before so would love to hear your experience. On my next one I’ll use magnification. I’m sure you won’t make the error I did in putting the rev counter on upside down! :(

Kind regards,

Paul

1 hour ago, Archimedes said:

Nice start Richard!

Agreed with all: you really can’t have too many Spitfires! :D

The kit decals are astonishing especially the IP ones - wouldn’t you agree?. I know you have used them before so would love to hear your experience. On my next one I’ll use magnification. I’m sure you won’t make the error I did in putting the rev counter on upside down! :(

Kind regards,

Paul

Paul, yeah, I tend to go for Yahu panels.. (See my recent P-47 build!), but I used the kit decals for the IP on my previous Kotare mid build and thought they were great.

So, I fully intend to go the same route with this early version!

Here's my previous go at it, which I was pleased with, but I want to make this one even better!

52806295936_62e759036d_b.jpg

7 hours ago, Shoggz said:

Paul, yeah, I tend to go for Yahu panels.. (See my recent P-47 build!), but I used the kit decals for the IP on my previous Kotare mid build and thought they were great.

So, I fully intend to go the same route with this early version!

Here's my previous go at it, which I was pleased with, but I want to make this one even better!

52806295936_62e759036d_b.jpg

Oh noiiiiiice!!!!

Kind regards,

Paul 

Two hours tonight spent on the instrument panel!

..and I think it was worth it.

53672356369_81f366d5e9_b.jpg

Doing an IP this way pushes the old decaling skills. For me, the art is to try and hit that sweet spot where you have enough water on the decal to allow you to manoeuvre it, but not too much so you flood and disturb what you've already done..

Got the seat constructed and painted too.

53672356384_a4230ffca6_b.jpg