3 Aircraft you would like to fly

Just now, Archimedes said:

I use VR goggles and it totally changes one’s whole experience. One can lose far too much time doing that: (04:00 thirsty as hell, desperately needing a pee saying “just one more landing…”) :D

That's what I mean Paul, VR goggles would have me hooked, and yeah, the rest of your description has been

the case with me too. One more mission, next thing you know the sunlight is showing thru the curtains.

WHAT ??? 

nqCyIeX.jpg?1

On 4/12/2024 at 5:30 PM, Archimedes said:

The mosquito does have the whole “If one Merlin is good then two Merlin’s are better’ vibe about it. It also helps one to say to your mate, “hold my beer and watch this.” And then shut down engine 2, go inverted and beat up the field….

Kind regards,

Paul

That sounds like a deathwish in real life. You'd end up rolling one wingtip into the ground due to torque.  

1st. If I got back to flight sim I'd love a realistic F-14A Tomcat programme and fly every difficult scenario, from a single motor compressor stall on approach to a flat stall spin, night operations etc.

2nd would be Phantom F-4K daytime launches and traps on the teeny Ark Royal, with rocketing and bombing target barges or shooting down Jindiviks for weapons practice.

3rd would be F-22 at night, delivering low yield Mk/B.61 silver bullets against troublesome targets South of the Caspian Sea. Just kidding (sort-of).

Tony 

Edited by Tony T

3 hours ago, Tony T said:

That sounds like a deathwish in real life. You'd end up rolling one wingtip into the ground due to torque.  

...and that is why this is completely imaginary (or maybe you really are familiar with my strictly limited piloting capabilities?) :D

You are, of course right and you don't need two merlins to do that: there is at least one example of a warbird Spitfires getting torque-rolled into the ground...

Kind regards,

Paul

1 hour ago, Archimedes said:

...You are, of course right and you don't need two merlins to do that: there is at least one example of a warbird Spitfires getting torque-rolled into the ground...

Kind regards,

Paul

Which is what a Mosquito is on one engine, but heavier.

Tony