IBG's 1/32 PZL P-11c, Wladyslaw Gnys' plane - first allied victor of WWII

In my continuing different nations quest, I have come to Poland - this is IBG's sublime 1/32 PZL P-11c. I cannot say enough good about this kit, I wish they would do more... I used a mater brass gun barrels, and btw this is the only 6 gun P-11c... I accidentally dropped not one but two barrels into the wings when mounting them and they refused to come out. Replaced the gear brace PE with a thin piece of steel wire as I bent the PE numerous times handling the kit. Also added HGW seat belts from scaps from other kits. Painted with Hataka laquer paint

BTW it is NOT an error that the wing upper surface national markings are not placed symmetrically. For some reason that was the way it was...

On the morning of september 1st Wladyslaw Gnys shot down to german bombers for the first allied victories of WWII. However Gnys' flight leader had provided Luftwaffe their first victory just a few minutes before...

XIWsm9F.jpeg

BrsALnD.jpeg

16wmVLW.jpeg

HED9fQL.jpeg

Slh2Ike.jpeg

ce72Jel.jpeg

1SAHmxm.jpeg

Congratulations! Well done!

And decals look great - I know on the corrugated surface they are a real challenge!

11 hours ago, Thomas Lund said:

BTW it is NOT an error that the wing upper surface national markings are not placed symmetrically. For some reason that was the way it was...

You are totally right. It was done on purpose to make it harder for the enemy to aim. And, according to some reports, it really worked!

7 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Ooh I like that! I have consistently heard good things about that kit but, at the end of the day it needs a modeller to put it together and you have done an excellent job with it!

Bravo!

Kind regards,

Paul

Thanks - go ahead and do it - it is a superb little kit

56 minutes ago, Jaro said:

Congratulations! Well done!

And decals look great - I know on the corrugated surface they are a real challenge!

You are totally right. It was done on purpose to make it harder for the enemy to aim. And, according to some reports, it really worked!

Thanks - yes the decals needed repeated applications of Sol to get there but in the end it worked out. I usually paint markings, but on this one I thought no :-) but I did paint the "5" and the... stork ???

On 3/29/2024 at 1:10 PM, Thomas Lund said:

In my continuing different nations quest, I have come to Poland - this is IBG's sublime 1/32 PZL P-11c. I cannot say enough good about this kit, I wish they would do more... I used a mater brass gun barrels, and btw this is the only 6 gun P-11c... I accidentally dropped not one but two barrels into the wings when mounting them and they refused to come out. Replaced the gear brace PE with a thin piece of steel wire as I bent the PE numerous times handling the kit. Also added HGW seat belts from scaps from other kits. Painted with Hataka laquer paint

On the morning of september 1st Wladyslaw Gnys shot down to german bombers for the first allied victories of WWII. However Gnys' flight leader had provided Luftwaffe their first victory just a few minutes before...

Great job!

May I post it on the website?

:clap2::clap2::clap2: