HK Models Bristol Beaufighter?

37 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

Sure do love the look of the Mk. II! I have the old Paragon conversion (along with the bulged bomb bay doors and remote turret) which I will be grafting onto HK's lovely 1/48 Lancaster at some point.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Definitely gives it character! I've got the 72nd Airfix kit[ haven't built it yet]. I built the HK 48th Lanc. not a bad kit [ better than the old Tamiya one] , the engines stink so they got closed up. They also added the main landing gear ground safety lock struts to the landing gear which from what I've read else where kind a threw some people for a loop. I just painted them red and called it a day:punk:.

8 hours ago, Palm-tree said:

Neil could have pointed his scanner at anything just to throw everyone off the scent?

Even if he set it up in the gift shop the inevitable wishlist would appear.

That is true - it could have been pointed at anything but the three photos put out show it being placed near to the three aircraft we are talking about (and mostly we’ve been discussing the Beaufighter). I’m not seeing much wishlisting going on in this particular thread, just discussion of the likelihood of the aircraft pictured being produced so far.

Kind regards,

Paul

1 hour ago, Archimedes said:

That is true - it could have been pointed at anything but the three photos put out show it being placed near to the three aircraft we are talking about (and mostly we’ve been discussing the Beaufighter). I’m not seeing much wishlisting going on in this particular thread, just discussion of the likelihood of the aircraft pictured being produced so far.

Kind regards,

Paul

Right? I'm thinking the -109 is a spoof, the Phantom? They should already have some data on it, seeings as they were planning to put one out some time ago. That effectively leaves the Beaufighter  as the most likely point of interest. Sure as hell wouldn't break my heart if they do one! I'm in agreement with some posts above, I'd do about 5-6 aircraft and let the competition try and chase the targets, keep 'em guessing[and us too].

30 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

The Beau is indeed the best contender but we should not remove the Phantom too quickly out of the equation. The British version had multiple inconspicuous differences and completing what they already have with some scans would be quite logical as well.

I'll agree with you on that. The biggest thing that stands out on the Brit tooms is those big honking inlets and deeper aft fuselage around the burners. IIRC they were the fastest climbing of the breed, though not so much flat out , those I believe were the RFs, they could really scoot. I'm not an F-4 expert by any means but I wouldn't sneeze at a Brit toom .

I'm totally onboard with a late model Beau.    Been looking at those Avieology Coastal Command decals, some of those paint schemes put late war Luftwaffe aircraft to shame.  Ever since I built my Banff Mosquito FB.VI, I've had a huge interest in this somewhat neglected aspect of late WW2.

Bring it on! 

29 minutes ago, John1 said:

I'm totally onboard with a late model Beau.    Been looking at those Avieology Coastal Command decals, some of those paint schemes put late war Luftwaffe aircraft to shame.  Ever since I built my Banff Mosquito FB.VI, I've had a huge interest in this somewhat neglected aspect of late WW2.

Bring it on! 

What!?, they weren’t scanning a P-51K John? :P;)

Kind regards,

Paul

9 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

What!?, they weren’t scanning a P-51K John? :P;)

Kind regards,

Paul

Not to worry, I have it on very good authority that WNW is going back into full operation and their debut release is the long awaited, much demanded P-51K!!!    I will shortly be starting a thread on this subject so that we can all discuss this amazing news.   Get in quick before the lock! 

4 minutes ago, John1 said:

Not to worry, I have it on very good authority that WNW is going back into full operation and their debut release is the long awaited, much demanded P-51K!!!    I will shortly be starting a thread on this subject so that we can all discuss this amazing news.   Get in quick before the lock! 

John, are you deliberately trying to stir things again?

It's not a good look - and pretty petty/cheap IMHO.

Iain

There are about a hundred aircraft exhibits at Hendon...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_at_the_Royal_Air_Force_Museum_London

...about 15 of which I'd love to see in 1:32 kit form (although some, obviously, would be better in the HK Models 1:48 range)

It does make me wonder what else might have been scanned. Time will tell.

Tony