Why Keep Threads On Topic?

6 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

I made a factual and honest reply. 

Regardless of your personal feelings or opinion, "any negative comments triggers thread kill " is NOT a factual statement.

That is a fact

Im also not really sure why you laugh reacted to every post a mod has made in this thread, after you posted your opinion on it. Nor am I sure what was so laughable about the comments.

2 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Regardless of your personal feelings or opinion, "any negative comments triggers thread kill " is NOT a factual statement.

That is a fact.

The main fact is this: what is a negative comment to each one of us, as an individual?
As long as opinions vary, the issue remains. So it goes. :P

1 minute ago, quang said:

The main fact is this: what is a negative comment to each one of us, as an individual?

That's where empathy and an ability to understand is important, not to mention respect, which starts with oneself.

3 minutes ago, quang said:

Indeed, let’s just let it rest chaps…..nothing is going to be gained by further “discussion”.

Without the very light moderation we do here - things *would* go down hill - and potentially rapidly, as we've seen at times in the past.

We're damned if we do, damned if we don't:  but we have seen things get nasty before now so, sometimes a little pre-emptive action is required.

Moderation is *never* an exact science - but we're all volunteers and try our best to keep things on an even and friendly keel.

And we're human...

It does get a little tiring having to deal with what, at times, seems like endless, and petty, sniping - some of us would rather go and build something.

Iain

4 hours ago, Iain said:

Without the very light moderation we do here - things *would* go down hill - and potentially rapidly, as we've seen at times in the past.

We're damned if we do, damned if we don't:  but we have seen things get nasty before now so, sometimes a little pre-emptive action is required.

Moderation is *never* an exact science - but we're all volunteers and try our best to keep things on an even and friendly keel.

And we're human...

It does get a little tiring having to deal with what, at times, seems like endless, and petty, sniping - some of us would rather go and build something.

Iain

Well said sir!

13 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

That is a fact

Im also not really sure why you laugh reacted to every post a mod has made in this thread, after you posted your opinion on it. Nor am I sure what was so laughable about the comments.

So I gave a brief summary and gave a question and comment in good faith. 
I feel it was professional and balanced as much as any of these things go. 
As you omitted the first part of the sentence I’ll take it you agree with that. I’ll rephrase the second part that: there is a perception based on circumstance that this topic gets less tolerance than others. It’s ok if you just say that. Also it’s best practice and respectful to quote someone in full and not partially and out of context. Here is the full quote

‘So brief summary:

Peter Jackson started a model company which made great models not to everyone’s taste. But then for some reason killed it off. Sir PJ hasn’t got a great rep as an employer ( I read once Unions were onto him about some work practice's which I think was seen as a heresy or reasonable, depending). 

Q- is PJ going to read or even care about this forum? Seriously doubt it. 

Comment: Good to have a balanced view of PJ but no point banging on about it. Old news really, but educational for some who aren’t up with it all I guess. 

If comment says ‘if you don’t like it don’t look’ a thread will be locked by mods because they perceive it will inevitably spiral down. Threads about WNW are ‘getting old’.

Q- is this level of sensitivity applied to all threads ? Could be misperception but don’t think it is. 

Comment: Mods are sick of this particular topic and any negative comments triggers thread kill. ‘

Edited by Pup7309

39 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

So I gave a brief summary and gave a question and comment in good faith. 
I feel it was professional and balanced as much as any of these things go. 
As you omitted the first part of the sentence I’ll take it you agree with that. I’ll rephrase the second part that: there is a perception based on circumstance that this topic gets less tolerance than others. It’s ok if you just say that. Also it’s best practice and respectful to quote someone in full and not partially and out of context. Here is the full quote

‘So brief summary:

Peter Jackson started a model company which made great models not to everyone’s taste. But then for some reason killed it off. Sir PJ hasn’t got a great rep as an employer ( I read once Unions were onto him about some work practice's which I think was seen as a heresy or reasonable, depending). 

Q- is PJ going to read or even care about this forum? Seriously doubt it. 

Comment: Good to have a balanced view of PJ but no point banging on about it. Old news really, but educational for some who aren’t up with it all I guess. 

If comment says ‘if you don’t like it don’t look’ a thread will be locked by mods because they perceive it will inevitably spiral down. Threads about WNW are ‘getting old’.

Q- is this level of sensitivity applied to all threads ? Could be misperception but don’t think it is. 

Comment: Mods are sick of this particular topic and any negative comments triggers thread kill. ‘

It sounds like you might be happier somewhere else.

Kev

Good grief - please take a step back from the keyboard and read the room.

You are not going to change how we moderate the forums here.

And, actually, we’re just a little sick of the pointless sniping.

Bottom line: as Kev has said, if this place doesn’t suit your needs then other fora are available.

Iain

2 hours ago, Iain said:

Good grief - please take a step back from the keyboard and read the room.

You are not going to change how we moderate the forums here.

And, actually, we’re just a little sick of the pointless sniping.

Bottom line: as Kev has said, if this place doesn’t suit your needs then other fora are available.

Iain

Sorry to hear that Ian. 

Edited by Pup7309

18 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

It sounds like you might be happier somewhere else.

I'd agree with K1s statements. The fact that you felt the need to laugh at my post certainly sums things up well.

If you are that amused with and/or disagree with our moderation so much I'd definitely say there are other forums where you may be happier.