WNW - What Might Have Been...

vince14

8 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

The Caprioni was an important aeroplane and only WNW would attempt it in 1/32. The Dh4 and Breguet also used in numbers. Lukgraph might do the Dh4. Maybe the Breguet. HD 3 might also be up their alley. The Farman was also very important for training: not sure anyone would make it but if they do have your army of miniature robotic spiders ready for the rigging. I think Roden we’re planning on an Avro 504. Also a much used aircraft, but I imagine Roden have some headwinds with the war in their country. 

You’re completely right with the Caproni.

The Farman F. 40 was even more than a trainer but the backbone of the French aerial reconnaissance in 1916. it saw extensive active frontline service. So sad that this type, like so many pushers will probably never see the light of day as a 1:32 kit. Well, we have the Fe2b and the Caudron G. III, don’t we?

Edited by Borsos

I miss the Breguet 14 most of all. They probably would not have released it in Polish or Middle Lithuanian colors, but the French and US options would fill several releases. Then consider the post war mail plane options or so many other smaller air force colors. It is large enough that it would be difficult to imagine other companies going after it, compared to the smaller fighter aircraft.

Tnarg

I know this is a moral fault of mine, however I have no idea what most of the planes are on that list.  As such I may not have had any interest in any of them.  I bought some WNW kits, really enjoyed them but I was and still am not that into obscure aircraft.  I know many on here are, I respect that, but all or most of those kits do not excite me.  Like John1 said I feel no loss there.

Posted (edited)

That's fine, there's no law which says we have to like every aircraft, or be happy if a kit of a certain aircraft has been released. I have the same feeling whenever a new Mustang, Bf 109, or modern jet kit gets announced.

Take Kotare for example - I really hope they do well and succeed as a company, but I'm never going to buy their Spitfire kits.

Edited by vince14

3 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

I know this is a moral fault of mine, however I have no idea what most of the planes are on that list.  As such I may not have had any interest in any of them.  I bought some WNW kits, really enjoyed them but I was and still am not that into obscure aircraft.  I know many on here are, I respect that, but all or most of those kits do not excite me.  Like John1 said I feel no loss there.

That always depends on the time you’re interested in. A Farman F.40 for instance was for 1916 standards not obscure at all but as important as e. g. a B-25 some 30 years later.  I personally admit that for me everything without a propeller is obscure and I have no idea what an F-16 separates from a Phantom or what a „Gina“ is. But that‘s just me and my preferences. I wouldn’t generalize them.

1 hour ago, vince14 said:

That's fine, there's no law which says we have to like every aircraft, or be happy if a kit of a certain aircraft has been released. I have the same feeling whenever a new Mustang, Bf 109, or modern jet kit gets announced.

Take Kotare for example - I really hope they do well and succeed as a company, but I'm never going to buy their Spitfire kits.

Yea, that’s alright there was a sale last weekend and I bought the one you did not for 25% off, I would not even have said I am a spitfire fan, but I keep buying and building them.  I am a sucker for WWII iconic aircraft, especially when a high quality kit comes along.

18 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

I'm guessing everyone means Hanriot HD.1. That's what Lukgraph came out with. Would be a little odd for an HD.4 to be produced, even an HD.3 is a little out there

Matt 

Actually I didn’t know about HD 3 ! There is one so you never know.