Academy F18D Hornet 1:32 "Night Attack"

Mel

Hello guys, while the f15 spare parts arrive, I have started the academy f18 at 1:32, this time I will use the redfox interiors but I have also ordered the fifth sudio ones (the large set, the one that comes with the side walls, the ejector seats and other details that redfox does not have), the resin air inlets from Dmold modelworks and waiting for the double layer masking tape, what aftermarkets do you recommend to improve it further?

a6p6db2.jpeg

Edited by Mel

Reskit exhaust/tailpipe (I’m a true believer in Reskit stuff) it fits great and looks awesome in place. I have in the past used Aires exhausts but my first order of Reskit parts made me order more for the built one and for future builds.

if they do deliver on the intakes and gear legs, get them! You will not be disappointed.

3 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

I’m waiting for the Reskit Printed Landing Gear and Seamless intakes (still showing as in development when I last checked) before mine works its way to the top of the pile. 

1 hour ago, chrish said:

Reskit exhaust/tailpipe (I’m a true believer in Reskit stuff) it fits great and looks awesome in place. I have in the past used Aires exhausts but my first order of Reskit parts made me order more for the built one and for future builds.

if they do deliver on the intakes and gear legs, get them! You will not be disappointed.

Thanks guys, Reskit is getting a good reputation, but it doesn't have many things at 1:32 of modern jets, right? I'm referring to intakes, exhausts, that seems to me, I don't know exactly, what if I see reskit, someone please correct me if I'm wrong... is that the resin is clean, let me explain, it doesn't come in molds to cut, the piece is already completely cut and polished, right? If so, it is appreciated, I will look at the reskit products, I would like them to make shots for 1:32, because the dmoldmodelworks shots, for example for the F18, are no longer manufactured, the website was closed, that is, they are no longer manufactured, and I have another hornet to make a future, the same one as D but single-seater

1 hour ago, chrish said:

So a B instead of a D? Or still a D but early D?

the long canopy 18’s look so much better (just my opinion) than the one man aircraft 

At the moment an early D, the quinta studio set is on the way, but I might buy the late quinta studio set (because it comes with the joystick switches, which the early one doesn't have) and yes, as for the f18, be it the hornet or the superhornet, I like the two-seaters better, aesthetically it is more beautiful, nothing is missing or unnecessary, by the way, what notable difference is there between an early and a late? the computers? I ask from ignorance

Today I have made very little progress, keep in mind that this hornet is no longer sold and I want to make it perfect or almost perfect, today I have painted the part of the WSO dashboard and little else, I am waiting for the fifth set to arrive, although I will combine the quinta set with redfox, redfox screens on and the rest of quinta studio

SAhy7uG.jpeg

13 hours ago, drsquid142 said:

Which F/A-18 reference book are you using in these pictures?

Hello drsquid, the book is by Danny Coremans, is this...
By the way, today I finished the pilot panel and the WSO with the Redfox set, this week I have to receive the entire Quinta Studio pack, I really like Quinta better because of the fact that it comes, let's say a "full equip" and the Definition of their products I like more, redfox are very good, but currently I am more inclined towards quinta, I have two more panels of the f18 that comes with the kit, I thank ACADEMY for this

vHXqyx3.jpeg

igB96tO.jpeg

uOETGGD.jpeg

yBcunJL.jpeg

On 2/10/2024 at 6:33 AM, chaos07 said:

El HUD y la brazola se ven increíbles. ¡Muy buen trabajo! Limpio y ordenado.

I have another Hud that I am going to make off (without the green seams) I am unsure whether to make the cabin cool and dark or on, on the other hand today I had a problem with the dmold inats and I bought the Gtresin intakes Let's see if I have more luck, the problem is that the Gtresin intakes are not anchored to the nozzles like those from dmold modelworks, so I bought the reskit nozzles for the f18

These photos were taken before the disastrous accident

4h9fDwV.jpeg

L7mlgTZ.jpeg

ywOTCUp.jpeg

hBxdPig.jpeg

Edited by Mel