Academy F18D Hornet 1:32 "Night Attack"

Mel

19 hours ago, chaos07 said:

The green on the HUD glass captures the look of the real deal perfectly in my opinion. 

Thank you very much, your advice and opinions are very useful and serve as a guide for me, do not hesitate to recommend things

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2024 at 7:52 PM, Brett M said:

Nice, busy cockpit there! Well done :)

On 3/2/2024 at 11:41 PM, chrish said:

wow that was quick!

looks great

Thank you very much guys, today I have been caulking and sanding the joints of the gt resin intakes so that it is as smooth as possible between the piece and the fuselage, I have also been priming to see any errors

VtMVpyz.jpeg

tyKYJlg.jpeg

2UNgG1n.jpeg

nbeFtWG.jpeg

6elj4D0.jpeg

eATI5oU.jpeg

VYk8Akx.jpeg

Edited by Mel

well guys, sorry for my absence, but after spending 3 days sanding, priming the areas and sanding again, the shots of gt reisn have been perfect, although you see the small lines, this photo is from yesterday, now after finishing again from sanding and polishing you don't notice anything at all, and today a little preshading

vO0wO6W.jpeg

3DufSMI.jpeg

s7ICoqU.jpeg

t2dCzfI.jpeg

1lnF4dX.jpeg

GKLZOo0.jpeg

s8fLupr.jpeg

037vLJK.jpeg

rSs8TdH.jpeg

oBt1grP.jpeg

Dkmp6sL.jpeg

FPp6bkd.jpeg

eS0SBMr.jpeg

MlqdZjG.jpeg

czdqIKH.jpeg

On 3/7/2024 at 10:21 PM, themongoose said:

Now I’m really interested in seeing how this looks after painting!

On 3/8/2024 at 2:02 PM, chaos07 said:

Nice progress!  Glad to see those intakes fit so well too.

Thank you very much guys, sorry for the absence, these two days I have been and am fine-tuning the last details before gloss varnishing and finishing the ejection seats

govzYV2.jpeg

EcGB8lE.jpeg

HstUr4k.jpeg

JrIhvkQ.jpeg

FeIFpGH.jpeg

0YrjIjx.jpeg

SvZmdz2.jpeg

tskt1UV.jpeg

FjeeLJF.jpeg

iQ7DkNr.jpeg

AmYA5Bx.jpeg

lgk60Wt.jpeg

C9Eia8o.jpeg

6FwTr8s.jpeg

BKLISfE.jpeg

GlBvJgL.jpeg

0spKdPX.jpeg

EfkP6da.jpeg

FsBoHNW.jpeg

4rVbcRF.jpeg

Nice job so far. The cockpit looks great. The D model comes in two flavours: two-stick pilot trainer, or night attack with WSO in back. The pilot trainer has a control stick like the front cockpit (like in the reference pic, showing the black rear instrument panel from the model next to it above). The night attack version would have a joystick on each side console, that the WSO uses for weapons aiming. That version is not intended to be flown from the back, and the backseater is a true weapons operator, not a second pilot. 

I found a good picture on a DCS forum site that shows the left console controller, and the fact there is no pilot control stick in the back on that version: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/200160-fa-18d-usmc-night-attack/page/2/

I flew CF-18 A and B Hornets for 10 years in Canada, and I followed the upgrades closely with the C, D, D night attack, then E, F, and G variants closely. Anything with a centre-mounted control stick in back is a pilot trainer, not night attack with the specialized avionics and joysticks on the side panels.

For the displays, unless AC power was available, they would be dark (i.e. off). AC power is only available when at least one engine is running with its generator on, or when external AC power is connected on the left side of the nose. They do look nice when they're all lit up, though! :)

I love the big Academy kit, and I have some of those Red Fox instrument panels for three kits I have to build soon. I'll be following this, to refresh my memory on the details of the build.

If you have any questions about details, etc, you can send me a PM.

ALF