Thoughts about Possible Future Kotare Releases - NOT a wishlist

MikeC

13 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

:post1:

Hence "it always has been", at least in the seventeen years I've frequented LSP.

I'm not averse to something unexpected from a quality kit manufacturer, far removed from my subject desires. Say, a Grumman Goose or Scottish Aviation Bulldog.  if it were made by Kotare (or Tamiya) I'd be very tempted even though I absolutely do not need or wish for one. 

Cost is increasingly becoming a factor. I can't justify heavy expenditure except on an actual build. In that instance I'd spend irrational amounts of money, but no longer for just a stasher.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw a great photo of a Bolton Paul Defiant, and it made me wonder if that was a potential option? 

As far as I know it has never been kitted in 1/32, and seems to be a popular subject in 1/48 with Airfix recently.

It would certainly make for an interesting kit - if not with international appeal, perhaps.

Kels.

Just think without Kotare who we know are going to issue one or more 1/32 kits in 2024, we would be making yet another Tamiya wish list thread.  

2 hours ago, Kelly said:

I just saw a great photo of a Bolton Paul Defiant, and it made me wonder if that was a potential option? 

As far as I know it has never been kitted in 1/32, and seems to be a popular subject in 1/48 with Airfix recently.

It would certainly make for an interesting kit - if not with international appeal, perhaps.

Kels.

Fair point Kelly on all counts.

Interesting: yes, Not kitted in 1/32: yes, International appeal: possibly not. There are a fair amount of aircraft enthusiasts out there internationally who wouldn’t know it if they fell over it. We Brits tend to like them (well, this one does). For Kotare (and any other manufacturer for that matter) it would undoubtedly fall into the ‘interesting, off-the-beaten-track type of release rather than a guaranteed money spinner but may be attractive because there is at least one reference aircraft available to study, it is single engined and does have something of a quirky appeal both in its Dunkirk/ Battle of Britain modes and later as a night fighter/ target tug/ gunnery trainer. It would definitely have ‘legs’ in terms of marking options.

Kind regards,

Paul

I think a Beaufighter is inevitable from Kotare as well, even though HK is likely doing one. It just checks all the boxes for a company like Kotare (subject, nationality, size, appeal). It will be another case similar to the 1/32 Lancaster between Border/HK... one will be more highly detailed, and with more finesse, but one will also be cheaper. But I suppose, if we're looking at the price of HK's A-20 series as a benchmark, the difference in price between an HK Beau and a Kotare one might not be all that different.

Boy, wouldn't we be spoiled if we had two Beau's to choose from? Sorry Revell Beaufighter, but you'd finally be able to rest in peace.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

As to the next release (aside from the Bf 109K-4), I have no earthly idea what they'll be doing. As to a general feeling that it would naturally pertain to New Zealand in some way, I have no idea why that thought is out there. What I'd think would make sense from them, is a brand new F6F, Ki-43, MiG-15, F-86, or F9F.