Kittyhawk kits at Superhobby

Cheetah11

38 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

Can you post a link please?

The link does not seem to copy . Just go to Superhobby website and look at recent deliveries under 18.01.2024. Kittyhawk list 14 new deliveries all 1/32 and 1/35.

Cheers

Nick

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Kittyhawk kits at Superhobby
1 hour ago, Rick Griewski said:

Kingfisher in stock!  oh my. 

Exactly! Easily my favourite from KH, even with fit & accuracy issues. But the Atlantic Ocean, USPS & HMRC all conspiring to make any imported kits prohibitively expensive.

It only seems like yesterday, when WNW would ship $59 kits you wanted to the other side of the world, with no delivery charges or VAT. Those were the days, Peter Jackson not caring about how much money he was losing, as long as he had a new kit to build!

I blame bloody accountants, you just can't trust them when it comes to creativity & art...

59 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Very cool, but I'm very surprised they are still in Kitty Hawk labled boxes.

Must be another WNW-like discovery of kits sat in a warehouse somewhere, rushed to retailers to take advantage of the surge in demand that followed KH's demise?

1 hour ago, DeanKB said:

Must be another WNW-like discovery of kits sat in a warehouse somewhere, rushed to retailers to take advantage of the surge in demand that followed KH's demise?

It’s been pointed out in another thread that the plastic, at least for some of the Blackhawk/Seahawk kits, is a lot darker than the original KH plastic, suggesting that they are newly molded.  

2 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Saw a post somewhere that had a comparison of old vs. new kits and the plastic was a different color.  It was a helicopter kit though. 
Here you go…

Right here!

Edited by ScottsGT

9 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Me too.  They even have KH’s old email address on them.  Maybe they got a bunch of already printed boxes when they got a hold of KH’s inventory.

That would be my guess.

Kev