Zoukei-Mura 1/32 P-51D Mustang

This is my 4th 1/32 WW2 fighter build which I just finished this week. The Zoukei-Mura kit has been designed to be built with a complete interior in the fuselage, wings and engines so its not like a typical fuselage that comes in two halves. Rather its a series of panels that are laid over the frame and so comes with its own challenges in trying to line everything up. This kit is not for the feint hearted and needs plenty of patience. I had to use a bit of filler where the engine cowling didn't line up and had some considerable gaps and mismatches. So its not what I call a great kit and my finish has heaps of flaws, but I was happy to just finish it.
I used AK Extreme metal paints with a combination of Steel and Stainless Steel. Interiors were painted with Tamiya XF-4 Yellow Green as an approximate of chromate yellow.

53461398442_7f01840a5f_k.jpg

53462630179_f7fb0dc2c6_k.jpg

53461398457_e41f416eb3_k.jpg

53462315641_c81fe75df9_k.jpg

That's it for a while. I won't post my other 1/32 fighter. Its a Spitfire and I'm pretty sure everyone has seen enough Spitfires..:)

cheers

BT

Not post a Spitfire, that's not on, you just can't get enough Spitfires.

Nice looking Mustang though, sounds like it was a bit of a struggle but from the photos it was definately worth it.

Cheers

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 3:44 AM, Battletweety said:

The Zoukei-Mura kit has been designed to be built with a complete interior in the fuselage, wings and engines so its not like a typical fuselage that comes in two halves. Rather its a series of panels that are laid over the frame and so comes with its own challenges in trying to line everything up.

I was wondering if you thought the fuselage panels can be put together to avoid some of the fit issues you dealt with.  My plan would be to do that and put each fuselage side on really in a traditional "half".

Hi Kurok, your approach may be difficult as the frame provides all the strength to the model. The fit issues I experienced, although I still remain uncertain as to why they happened, I suspect might be because there is a difference between the round shape of the main fuselage and the engine cowling which really wants to be left off. If I had of left the engine out it may have helped, but I also think the tolerences are very very tight so no matter what you do, lots of dry fitting may be the answer. I'd be keen to see your progress when you tackle her. Also don't discount my pretty mediocre modelling skills.

cheers

BT

Very nice Pony, well done. :goodjob:

On 1/15/2024 at 8:44 AM, Battletweety said:

I'm pretty sure everyone has seen enough Spitfires..:)

Not possible: bring it on! :please: