S-3 Viking in 1/32 announced by Trumpeter in 2024-2025

Jan_G

33 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

But the thing is - I would build it and lock it up. Out of sight forever :D

It does have a bit of a "stepchild" look to it................but then again, I cant say much as a lot of my likes are considered to some to be very homely. 

The Whale is a bit on the large side, but the Chinese fascination with carrier aircraft might give us more 1:32 USN Naval kits, in time, and as the Viking will be big we stand a chance with the Prowler — sadly probably not the RA-5C which received mixed reviews in its smaller scale offerings of yesteryear.  

Of course, a FAA Buccaneer S.2C and Spey Toom F-4K would be top of the league here — though I wouldn't say no to a scaled-up Sea Vixen.

Tony 

23 minutes ago, Lee White said:

I don’t think the Whale is ugly, but looking at a plane the size of a regional airliner and knowing that it operated off of carriers  redlines the WTF meter.

I had a coworker that was a 20 year navy vet and he told me everytime a whale landed on the deck the whole damn ship shook and made some rather loud noises. I think besides the C-130 flying on and off the ship [ though a one time deal], the A-3 was the the largest aircraft to routinely operate on carriers. We got one at the Castle air museum and it's a big boy! 

For me the folding tail really hits a sweet spot, i will gk out of my way to build something with folding wings, folding wings and a tail im in. That being said i never build the 1/48 because of the lack of folding parts, same goes for v-22 and many others

8 hours ago, Tony T said:

The Whale is a bit on the large side, but the Chinese fascination with carrier aircraft might give us more 1:32 USN Naval kits, in time, and as the Viking will be big we stand a chance with the Prowler — sadly probably not the RA-5C which received mixed reviews in its smaller scale offerings of yesteryear.  

It is a bit of a square box when it comes to size but it is actually not that big. In 1/32 It would be just over 70 cm long but also with a 70 cm wingspan.(approx.)

But if we want to go large I would hope that we one day see an E-2C Hawkeye. That would be a cool 1/32 model

/N

5 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

...when it comes to size but it is actually not that big. In 1/32 It would be just over 70 cm long but also with a 70 cm wingspan.(approx.)

70x70cm and "actually not that big" :blink::blink: 

1 hour ago, Zola25 said:

It is a bit of a square box when it comes to size but it is actually not that big. In 1/32 It would be just over 70 cm long but also with a 70 cm wingspan.(approx.)

But if we want to go large I would hope that we one day see an E-2C Hawkeye. That would be a cool 1/32 model

/N

There was a Combat 1/32 E-2C

5 hours ago, Zola25 said:

/N

Oh e-2C that would be crazy, would be even smaller with the wings folded right ?