Border He 111 35th Scale

Mark P

1 hour ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

If it is as good in quality as the Kate and FW-190 ,it'll be hard to beat. I also see where they're going to do a Zero, A6M2 no less. The CADS are out over at Britmodeller, so the plot thickens. Anybody want to bet there's ideas of a Val in the offing ? Wouldn't be surprised.

In a way how do you get around a saturated market? Create a new one. And so far they have no competition. If they make something accurate, detailed and well fitting enough then who knows. Could be the start of a whole new LSP scale. Let’s see if any other big Chinese manufacturers see an opportunity and jump in. 
when they first started doing 1/35 I thought what? Why? And that won’t catch on! But now - well let’s see if they’re onto something. 

Edited by Pup7309

54 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

In a way how do you get around a saturated market? Create a new one. And so far they have no competition. If they make something accurate, detailed and well fitting enough then who knows. Could be the start of a whole new LSP scale. Let’s see if any other big Chinese manufacturers see an opportunity and jump in. 
when they first started doing 1/35 I thought what? Why? And that won’t catch on! But now - well let’s see if they’re onto something. 

Good points! If they continue to make accurate ,detailed , and good fitting kits, it's going to be harder and harder to ignore/dismiss them as some kind of anomaly. Will they take over the big scale market? No, but they will be a force to be reckoned with. Some of the "regular " companies might want to watch out and take notice. Time will tell like you said. For my part , if I can get an accurate, detailed, and good fitting kit for a good price, I 'm on it like now. I only paid ~$54USD plus shipping[$28 ,eeeh], which for my economy is a good price, hell I'm happy!

13 hours ago, williamj said:

... I am probably going to buy one, there I've said  it out loud.

Oh my !!!

HF4wNgI.png?1

Looks like too much detail for me. Looking at the CAD I was looking for a roll of toilet paper like the Catalina had  :rolleyes:

Trying to figure out the logic used in China is the bottomless rabbit hole. The differenc between 1/35 and 1/32 is

so small, it defies western logic. Well ... mine anyway.

ZYCoGPg.jpg

:shrug:

11 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Oh my !!!

HF4wNgI.png?1

Looks like too much detail for me. Looking at the CAD I was looking for a roll of toilet paper like the Catalina had  :rolleyes:

Trying to figure out the logic used in China is the bottomless rabbit hole. The differenc between 1/35 and 1/32 is

so small, it defies western logic. Well ... mine anyway.

ZYCoGPg.jpg

:shrug:

Well, there is a difference between 32nd and 35th ,about 9.5% roughly, and it's noticable. You put a32nd -109 along side a 35th and it stands out . So much so that I've got a separate section for 35th. At this point I' 

It's great to see that the guys at the Border are bold enough to release even twin engine plane and that they are improving with every new release.

Considering myself 1/32 "scaleist" :) I'm pretty happy that they have announced He-111 and not  Ju-52, G4M (IMHO 2 possible future releases for them), He-177 or other multiengine plane not kitted in 1/32 before which could change my one scale rule for the aircraft models. Seems that the Border is avoiding US subjects (maybe to please "Big Brother"??) so I don't think that we will see anything like C-47 or PBY in near future.

On the other hand I have several ship kits in 1/35 in my stash and Akagi deck with some planes to display (Kate and A6M) fits to this category :D
Btw this is interesting concept and I can imagine part of Mogami flight deck with some F1M2 or E13A1 reconnaissance floatplanes as a future release.
Even better would be to get nice kit of crowded deck of USS Enterprise before the Midway or Hornet deck with Doolittle's B-25B :D

Well there’s a lot of directions they can push the boat out with and if they actually do a good job - and let’s face it these guys, Meng and Great Wall and some other Chinese companies are lifting their game- this could be a tide scale-premetist Canute might not be unable to hold back. 

Edited by Pup7309

Absolutely right, their software design and production teams are excellent and there computer engineers are on top of there game!

Now that a design and scale line drawings and real pictures many where made. Henkel He 115 hadback book is out on the market it will lead to the building of the He 115 in 1/35 scale, so cool with many diorama possibilities!