1/32 F-105 Question

Smokey

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.  I search but didn't find a link for it but thought a few years ago after this model came out that I read somewhere that some company produce the intake parts (the variable ramp and slide) for these beasts and thought it was a small company from UK.  I dug this beast out and going to try and get it done hopefully this year.  Dan  

A check of the Reskit site doesn't show the F-105 intakes available as nothing is listed for that. The last posting I saw said under development. Perhaps, a release that will become available soon? That being the case, Reskit has lots of other F-105 goodies for sale. I also believe a sale currently underway.

Mark Proulx

I have a feeling that Aires / Quickboost do a scoop-set for the big Chunderthief.

Whoops.... I've just re-read the OP's post and he's after the MAIN air-intakes and not the small air-scoops for the engine compartment (as provided by Quickboost). Sorry for any confusion caused.  

Happy New Year. 

Chris. 

Edited by Confusionreigns178
Amending some information

On 12/28/2023 at 3:47 PM, Smokey said:

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.  I search but didn't find a link for it but thought a few years ago after this model came out that I read somewhere that some company produce the intake parts (the variable ramp and slide) for these beasts and thought it was a small company from UK.  I dug this beast out and going to try and get it done hopefully this year.  Dan  

18 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Yes, it was Roy Caunce Resin who made that set. I bought my parts 20 years ago.

ResKit have done a lot of great gear for the Thud but no inlets as yet. 

Tony

FWIW, I think brass landing gear for this kit a must, though may now be hard to source. The kit is quite heavy and the OOB landing gear struts are kind of "findly". The problem for much of the aftermarket resin bits is that it addresses issues at the tail. This only adds weight aft of the main gear where it is least wanted. It would require weight added to the nose for correct stance, making a heavy kit even heavier.

Mark Proulx

4 minutes ago, DavidJMason said:

When they get around to doing the vital canopy correction set I'll buy everything ResKit do for a great F-105D.

It's always a$$ first, inlets second and possibly canopy third with them. But I'm not buying all the rest without a canopy correction set. Ditto for the A-7E. 

I am, nonetheless, seriously impressed with ResKit's sets, having recently purchased some F-4 pylons and AGM-78s. The countermeasures pods and fuel tanks also look the part...

https://reskit-models.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=1%2F32 F-105

Tony 

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

When they get around to doing the vital canopy correction set I'll buy everything ResKit do for a great F-105D.

It's always a$$ first, inlets second and possibly canopy third with them. But I'm not buying all the rest without a canopy correction set. Ditto for the A-7E. 

I am, nonetheless, seriously impressed with ResKit's sets, having recently purchased some F-4 pylons and AGM-78s. The countermeasures pods and fuel tanks also look the part...

https://reskit-models.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=1%2F32 F-105

Tony 

What’s the issue with the canopy and any idea if it applies to the G model as well?