The flight of a lifetime!

Daywalker

Greetings!  A couple of weeks ago, I was able to take the flight of a lifetime with our very own, world renown Pete Fleischmann!  About a year ago, after obtaining my PPL, Pete offered a flight with him in an L-39 Albatros.  At first I thought he was kidding, what are the odds that someone would offer something that amazing?  I hesitated at first, then asked if he was serious.  OF COURSE! he said.  It really did take me a day or so to understand the offer he had laid on the table.  How could I say no to something like that?  We chatted on the phone about it, and then began the task of finding a day we were both available for the flight and the weather Gods allowed it.  After one scrub in October, we were able to make it happen on the 17th of November.  Our flight was at Code 1 Aviation in Rockford, IL in an L-39 Albatros "red 21".   First of all, the facility and people at Code 1 did an absolutely AMAZING job of making me feel welcome in their facility, I can't thank them all enough for that.  But just when I thought I had met some of the greatest people out there, I got to Pete face to face for the first time.  Besides being an amazing pilot, he is not only humble to a fault and one of the most personable people I have ever met.  After briefing for our flight, we took off on a beautiful November afternoon for the greatest flight I have ever experienced.  I got some stick time in the jet, and loved every second of it.  To top it all off, we when we returned to Rockford we did a few "fighter breaks" to land and then it was time to call it a day.  The sun was just setting, and the view from the cockpit was absolutely unbelievable.  

Pete- I can't thank you, Lambo, and Buck and the staff at Code 1 enough for truly one of the greatest days of my life and a flight I will never forget.  I'm already trying to sell off a kidney to go and do it again...

20231117-151240.jpg

IMG-20231117-210245-edit.jpg

IMG-20231117-210250.jpg

IMG-20231117-210254.jpg

IMG-20231117-210257.jpg

20231117-163437.jpg

18 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Turns out Frank is a natural; and took to the L-39 like a fish to water.

we had a perfect day and an amazing flight, and I was honored to share it with Frank.

cheers

P

Kinda restored my faith in mankind with that one.  Good on ya.  We could use a lot more shared good times to make up for the sad sitch we currently find ourselves in.