Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

54 minutes ago, Neo said:

was planning to participate with a 1/24 car door typhoon but the scheme i chose im not sure it flew in that period, Aifrix mentioned 1943 but im assuming it flew more than that

There is a D-Day version in the boxing; XP-R from 174 Squadron qualifies, it's also in full invasion stripes. You can tell the difference between invasion stripes and just the standard recognition stripes that most Typhoons had by the width of the black bands; recognition stripes had thinner black bands than the white, where invasion stripes were all the same width.

• 2 weeks later...

For my first LSP since I built the Airfix 1/24 Spitfire as a kid more than 35 years ago, I'm going for the latest release of their Spitfire.

Hopefully,the postie will bring a few AM goodies tomorrow, however the HGW harness and Eduard 3D printed exhausts are on backorder with Hannants. 

All being well, I'll make a start this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

A while ago, I said that I was going to join this GB after finishing a 109 for the Aces High GB.  In the interim, someone else has started the same project that I was going to do, that being the only suitable kit in my stash.

I'm not sure of the protocol here and I don't want to compete with someone else's efforts so I'd like to know if it's considered OK for me to start that planned build in the same GB - Closterman's LO-D in the form of the Airfix Spitfire IX.

No worries if not.  I'll just do it another time and I've got plenty of choice to do something else.  Please advise.

Cheers,

Michael

1 hour ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

A while ago, I said that I was going to join this GB after finishing a 109 for the Aces High GB.  In the interim, someone else has started the same project that I was going to do, that being the only suitable kit in my stash.

I'm not sure of the protocol here and I don't want to compete with someone else's efforts so I'd like to know if it's considered OK for me to start that planned build in the same GB - Closterman's LO-D in the form of the Airfix Spitfire IX.

No worries if not.  I'll just do it another time and I've got plenty of choice to do something else.  Please advise.

Cheers,

Michael

I see no reason why not! It's definitely not a competition, and multiple entries in the same GB for the same aircraft should present no issues.

Unless K1 or Matty have an issue with it, but again I see no reason why it shouldn't be allowed. The only thing we are usually sticklers for is the 25% built rule, and of course sticking to the spirit of the GB itself.

On 1/12/2024 at 12:14 AM, Landrotten Highlander said:

I don't see why this would be an issue.  As I understand it this is not a competition.  You may use certain techniques to solve issues that your counterpart may not be useing - so we could all learn from that

On 1/12/2024 at 1:34 AM, Out2gtcha said:

I see no reason why not! It's definitely not a competition, and multiple entries in the same GB for the same aircraft should present no issues.

Unless K1 or Matty have an issue with it, but again I see no reason why it shouldn't be allowed. The only thing we are usually sticklers for is the 25% built rule, and of course sticking to the spirit of the GB itself.

On 1/12/2024 at 3:56 AM, LSP_Kevin said:

Go for it!

Kev

Thanks all for your thoughts.  I didn't want to step on any toes here. 

So far, I've done one thing on this build - take a picture of the box and addons :D.  Next task is to glue something, so once I've got a couple pictures, I'll begin to post.

Cheers,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent Arthur……a warm welcome to LSP and in particular to the GB. One thing’s guaranteed, you’ll enjoy both! :D A Tempest is a great addition, which kit? 

Hi all,

I had to cancel the Revell Mosquito because my 2-year old granddaughter knocked it from the table beyond repair.

But here's another idea to enter the GB

This GB is for " aircraft "subjects between June 6 th and Aug 30 th.Allied and German.

The V-1 flew.Therefor sort of an aircraft.

The first V-1 attack was on June 13 th on the town Swanscombe.

The V-1  was operated by Luftwaffe personel.

Can I enter this kit ?

1324058-10105-81-pristine.jpg

Edited by Erwin

• 2 weeks later...