1/18 Supermarine S6B - S1595

airscale

I can't add anything constructive to the paint conversation, but I would say, given your next subject, watching 'Warbird in my Workshop' on Channel 4 with Richard Grace and the Air Leasing guys getting their very closely related Tempest Mark II back in the air, would prove pretty inspirational, I'm sure! 

..teaser...

x31VEY.jpg

UbSI9V.jpg

..the primer was fine when applied over clean fine sanded surfaces and this model has had a LOT of masking so it needed to be

getting some stainless steel flying wires etched and a mask for the serial - once thats done it's glamour shot time :)

Now where did I put those Sea Fury drawings...

Peter

One day, all models will be made this way :wub:

If only! :lol:

Consider my appetite well and truly whetted Peter. 

I know that some members would encourage you to leave your models unpainted and I can see the appeal. 

I'm in the opposite camp though. For me, painting over the real metal finish with it's occasional minor imperfection or flaw is the ideal way to recreate the appearance of real aircraft in miniature. 

This technique is what I aspire to and your builds are a marvellous inspiration. 

Very eager to witness the full reveal :punk:

I traveled from Seattle to London to go to the Science Museum in order to photograph the S6B.  This is precisely how I remember it.  Bravo Peter!