New Kotare kit for late 2024 announced

Borsos

1 hour ago, mozart said:

The Spitfire (Early) has landed on the UK shores…..has it reached Jadlam in Somerset?  :frantic:

JWHpGJ.jpg

It would be wonderful if it was in my sticky mitts before Christmas.  :beer4:

Nothing from Jadlam in an e-mail today Max. Just Tamiya's 1/48th scale F-35B, sorry. 

Maybe tomorrow? 

Edited by geedubelyer
Smelling

20 minutes ago, europapete said:

I think it will have to be you doing the review Max. 

Mebbe Pete, not counting my chickens though…..Somerset’s a looonnnggg way west! :P (actually it’s no distance at all but if it makes you feel better……:rolleyes:) I might even contact Jadlam to see if I can pop down and pick it up, it’s less than an hour away. 

Edited by mozart

9 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Graphic proof you can get ANYTHING to fly if ya hang enough horsepower on it. Jeezz uglier than a mud fence!

The functional design is totally logical: It was designed to be a fleet spotter aircraft so would have been on fairly long duration flights: the pilot was over and behind the engine (so toasty) and the navigator had a cabin behind the engine (so hopefully warm too)....the gunner of course was left to the elements but that was the price of a clear field of fire in 1926. It had folding wings for stowage too. But man... It. Is. Ugly. I'd love any manufacturer to do this airframe simply because it would shut all of us naysayers up who suspect the only Blackburn Blackburn they will ever see will be scratch built. 

Kind regards,

Paul

1 hour ago, europapete said:

YES I DO!  Coincidentally, I have a clean hobbybench (:o) and the shop will be officially closed Dec 31st. Which means MORE bench time :thumbsup: So, yes, progress will be made.

Fantastic Pete! - having now moved from VA to MN, I too have a clear workbench. Looking forward to speaking on the R6. 

…and now back to our normal programming… still no word from Kotare!  I am actually surprised that they have not at least let out a teaser of what their ‘non-Spitfire’ could be in the last two months. C’mon guys; enquiring minds need to know! 

kind regards

Paul

54 minutes ago, Christa said:

Never liked the fad for 'cabbage patch' dolls,, back when, but an SIG for cabbage patch aircraft - actually built and successfully flown aircraft, of course - might find followers flocking.

Why would Wings of the Weird and Wonderful appeal?

Ugly Aircraft are often like interesting faces: the more you look at them the more interesting they become despite their quirks.  In all seriousness: I actually think 'Wings of the Weird and Wonderful ' would definitely attract a following. 

Kind regards,

Paul