Focke-Wulf FW 190 F-8 - 6./SG 10 - Revell 1/32

Furie

Hello Andy and thank you for your message.

For the wheels: 

-tires are painted with MRP 173 Tyre rubber black.

mrp-peintures-173-noir-caoutchouc-pneus-

-rims are painted with MRP Black

The set is painted with glossy varnish (very important).
Then I apply everywhere (rim and tires) a (big) wash of AK Landing gear dust.

AK2031-1.jpg

I let dry 10 minutes then I gently wipe with a Q Tip to get the desired effect.
Then I painted with a satin varnish to finalize the work.

I forgot to mention that the wheels are from Reskit, and they are sublime with many details !

Denis, painter and wheel restorer since 2023. :D

Edited by Furie

Hello, I have a question about the «bulging» canopy of the FW 190 A/F-8: when the canopy was open backwards, did the antenna wire remain stretched or was it relaxed and hung?
I did not find any conclusive photos although I think without being sure that this thread was relaxed and hung down.
Can someone help me with pictures?
That’s all I have:

aqxc.jpg

2rhp.jpg

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Furie

Really nice paint job, your Wuerger looks great!

And a few words about the Tally-Ho decals....really horrible! So many wrong words...

betretten - betreten

nechster - nächster

Fliegerhurst - Fliegerhorst

Beim Schläppen -  Beim Schleppen

Hohenruder - Höhenruder

Keluhnung KM10 - Belohnung RM10 (RM=Reichsmark)

Kraftstoffbehalter - Kraftstoffbehälter

Thank you Tom, Andy, Martin and Knightofthesky for your messages, as I appreciate them very much.

Indeed, it reinforces my idea that Tally-Ho decals are really crap.
To flee!

Well, for my FW 190 I still have 2 things to do: the antenna wire to stick (stretched or relaxed, it depends on the answers I would have) and the green and red lamps at each end of the wings.
Otherwise, it’s all over!
While waiting for a photo overview, here are some details I made recently.
Pitot tube and cannons are made from metal tubes (syringe needles), I finished the assembly and detail of the 2 U/C (black boxes on the auxiliary cylinders and their yellow wiring, black nameplates on the 2 U/C from black decals, small red indicator on the top of the wing when the U/C is out), the 2 FUG antennas at the rear and under the fuselage and the canopy is glued to the fuselage.
The finish line is nearby!

2yd6.jpg

ftwq.jpg

5d17.jpg

idmr.jpg

2qhh.jpg

i4v4.jpg

rrrh.jpg

Thank you, Max and John, for your messages, I will finally be able to post in the RFI forum, and believe me, I am very happy!
Yes John, this "blown" canopy didn't have an antenna wire tensioner.
The wire was therefore relaxed when the canopy was open.

D Bellis kindly confirmed it here:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/97969-questions-about-the-fw-190-f-8/&do=findComment&comment=1436674

Edited by Furie

I set up and painted the left (red) and right (green) position lights as I received my MRP paint delivery today.
I tried unsuccessfully to stick the antenna wire.
I used thread for fishing but it stubbornly refused to stick to the canopy despite the 3 types of glues I tested.
I saw a sign of destiny that told me something like «Denis, stop here, you will make another disaster!». 
So I consider that this FW 190 had its antenna wire broken because after all we are in May 1945 and it was not uncommon to see the planes more or less damaged.
So here I am at the end of this montage and I am extremely happy and proud of myself.
My last model dates from 2001 (!!!) and I can assure you that I have made some progress!

More than 20 years without making a model and I only look at you on this forum to do wonders.

This fantastic forum was the trigger that gave me the taste to assemble and paint models.

Everything is not perfect, the cowl engine is a little crooked, some decals let see silvering but the general aspect is convincing, at least in my eyes.

Thank you all for following me in these adventures, for encouraging me, advising and in the end it is you who pushed me to do always better and always in a good mood.
Hard to finish without thanking Max and William who have a little bit of themselves on this model. Hey guys, you’re great!
We’ll see you soon in the RFI forum.

Denis who is a little moved.

mwmr.jpg

mqzc.jpg

xozl.jpg

2j6r.jpg

Edited by Furie