Focke-Wulf FW 190 F-8 - 6./SG 10 - Revell 1/32

Furie

2 hours ago, Furie said:

I used the maximum size allowed by the Studio window.
While experimenting with cutting, I noticed that all these little numbers were damaged in the recesses for the numbers "9", "0" and "6".
So I used the Studio "eraser" to remove these 3 recesses, leaving only the outline of the numbers, and below the W.Nr I placed only the 3 recesses.

And then, of course, I reduced the size of this very large drawing to the desired size for the mask (10mm).

See photo below :

2lel.jpg

Hi Denis

Great recovery on the Werk No.

Just a reminder that the Silhouette software can also be used for printing. Just fill the letters with the fill tool and choose the colour. The print tool is on the top right of the menu. This works great for very small stencilling. Here is an example of stencils for my F-14 which I generated with the Silhouette and printed with a laser printer on clear decal paper.

EF086CE4-FA4B-4E2B-BC40-A0D755E6DFE6.jpg

BTW great Focke Wulf.

Cheers

Nick

1 hour ago, Cheetah11 said:

Just a reminder that the Silhouette software can also be used for printing.

While true in theory, it doesn't work at all with my printer, sadly. I get an "out of memory" error on my printer, no matter what I try to send to it from Silhouette Studio. For designing and printing decals, I have to use other software.

Kev

Thanks Nick and Kev.
After your message Nick, I was trying to figure out how to print with my Cameo!
So if I've understood correctly, you print with your printer and then cut the decals with the Cameo, right?    
Having said that, my Cameo has 2 tool holders and on the right-hand one, I think I read that you could put a "pen" to draw on.
I'll try to look in the documentation to find this function.
Unfortunately, I don't have a printer at home...

8 hours ago, Furie said:

Thanks Nick and Kev.
After your message Nick, I was trying to figure out how to print with my Cameo!
So if I've understood correctly, you print with your printer and then cut the decals with the Cameo, right?    
Having said that, my Cameo has 2 tool holders and on the right-hand one, I think I read that you could put a "pen" to draw on.
I'll try to look in the documentation to find this function.
Unfortunately, I don't have a printer at home...

Hi Denis

Without a printer it will unfortunately not work. If you can borrow a printer it works with a laser and inkjet. The Silhouette program is just used to generate the artwork and after printing on the appropriate clear or white decal paper the figure/number is cut  from the decal paper just using a pair of scissors.

The advantage here is the flexibility of the Silhouette studio in generating and sizing the artwork without buying and learning to use another artwork program. It is still better to cut a mask but as you have found to cut very small numbers creates problems.

Cheers

Nick

• 2 months later...

Makes me want to fly a Butcher Bird:lol:  I saw one last summer at the Fighter Factory at Virginia Beach, Virginia.  It was still in all original colors, waiting to be restored.  The surface features were interesting, not as smooth and polished as you would think.