Early Mk.I Spit available to preorder from Kotare, in stock at Hannants

Shoggz

Had one in the watchlist at Hannants.  It's now in the ordered list.  For some unfathomable reason, living on the west coast of Australia it's cheaper for me to get it from Hannants than it is to get it from New Zealand.  :hmmm:

I'm hoping the after market will kick in a few choice offerings, including a few decal sets.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

7 hours ago, PTR said:

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I/II Special: Wingleader Photo Archive 26 

This book arrived today as well. 73 pages, lots of color and detailed descriptions. Highly recommended.

Authored by none other than Richard Alexander, one of the few behind the Kotare Spitfire kitsets.

i thought it was very good of him to share his research.

Received my kit this morning, the two part sprue is included - as far as I can tell, the only thing missing from one of the originals is a support, which could be easily replicated with a bit of stretched sprue or plastic rod, but kudos to Kotare for adding them. It's virtually impossible to tell the differences between some of the early-specific parts to the mid; engine cowls, IP...

Hope someone issues a resin replacement aerial mast as the kit version has snap here, here, or here virtually written on it, or maybe a piece of Albion Alloys brass rod would work..?