Early Mk.I Spit available to preorder from Kotare, in stock at Hannants

Shoggz

So what subject are you chaps doing yours as? The schemes available within the kit are interesting but the perverse side of me always urges me to research and chose an unknown one. I’m still pretty sure mine will be the early prototype….first flight even? 
I have to finish my Hurricane first but I hope the Spit could be early January, though I’m sure I will be doing some experiments beforehand with foiling and painting.

Edited by mozart

Got mine from Hannants yesterday, was just under £81 on pre-order. Of course I had instantly wiped out any savings by adding a mask set and 3D exhausts to my order :D 

I'm hoping to build 'Sailor' Malan's Mk.I out of it, got some aftermarket transfers for that :) 

Cheers, 

Stew

Edited by Stew Dapple

3 minutes ago, Stew Dapple said:

Got mine from Hannants yesterday, was just under £81 on pre-order. Of course I had instantly wiped out any savings by adding a mask set and 3D exhausts to my order :D 

I'm hoping to build 'Sailor' Malan's Mk.I out of it, got some aftermarket transfers for that :) 

Cheers, 

Stew

Isn't that the way it always goes , one thing leads to another. I get "trapped " into trhe aftermarket loop all the time, just roll with it. That is a good price though.

1 hour ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Isn't that the way it always goes , one thing leads to another. I get "trapped " into trhe aftermarket loop all the time, just roll with it. That is a good price though.

Ditto.  I think my brain is hard wired to never build OOB.  I keep telling myself that I must try an OOB build but then I look at the kit, see some after market addon and think "Oo-ooH"  :lol:.

Mine is on it's way and it's already got a set of seat belts in the package.  It probably won't arrive until next year and will go into the stash for a while.  My next thought will be cockpit enhancements and I'm wandering if there were any differences between the Mk.Ia and early Mk.I.  I imagine the radio is different and there's probably no IFF set either.  But I'd like to know more as I'm building a very early version.

Cheers,

Michael

As I’ve already done a prototypical ‘mid’ version, I’m going to do a very early two bladed prop example - probably the 19 squadron aircraft with the big ‘19’ on the tail.

There are some iconic pictures of those birds and I’d like to capture one of them!

Well, I was planning on just the one early boxing and completing as a 19 Sqn 2-blader - but just realised one of the markings options is for 609 Sqn PR-E/L1065, which I believe was flown by "Skeets" Ogilvie on a number of occasions - including writing her off in a landing accident (tyre burst on landing).

So may just have to order a second...  :hmmm:

Alternatively I might do a later airframe PR-F X4107 flown by him using the Brian Lane boxing I have.

Hmmm - off to look at available figures to see if I can find a suitable representation.

Too many squirrels!!  :innocent:

Iain

14 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Cheers, 

Stew

'Transfers'.

That's what I like - proper terminology.

Decals - is that a French thing? :wacko:

Mine will be a black and white bottom job. Well, that's the current thinking.