FINISHED.....1/32 Trumpeter P-47D5 "Spirit of Atlantic City"

Tolga ULGUR

And I have a question for P-47 experts.

Does this detail on the bottom of the fuselage really exist? Tamiya did get it on their 1/48 P-47s. However, I couldn't find a reference image that proves this. My thought is to delete it.

26.jpg

Hey Tolga, it turns out @Thunnus had the same question on his Eileen build, and @JayW was kind enough to dig up the relevant info. It's a cut-out in the bottom cowl to create clearance for a dust door in the supercharger assembly that was only included in D-25 birds onward, so definitely fill that for a D-5 like your model.

Here's Jay's stellar post including original drawings to back it all up.

11 minutes ago, TAG said:

Hey Tolga, it turns out @Thunnus had the same question on his Eileen build, and @JayW was kind enough to dig up the relevant info. It's a cut-out in the bottom cowl to create clearance for a dust door in the supercharger assembly that was only included in D-25 birds onward, so definitely fill that for a D-5 like your model.

Here's Jay's stellar post including original drawings to back it all up.

Thanks a lot Thomas

This information is very helpfull.:punk:

Next step is the engine and the engine cowling;

I must say frankly, in my previous builds, I hated dealing with the rambling engine parts Trumpeter provided. It's not even worth the effort. Although produced for Hasegawa, Quickboost's engine set fits easily into Trumpeter's Cowling.
However, as of the period of D-5, magnetos need to be changed. I used Trumpeter's magnetos for this.
The result is below.

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

1 hour ago, Thunnus said:

Nice work on the Trumpeter Razorback, Tolga!  Great to see another one being built.  I thought the kit engine was quite good myself but the Quickboost engine looks very nice!  FYI... two wires for each cylinder head! 

Thanks for your comment and warning.

I know there are two cables for each cylinder, but the cable entries of the set I have are single (I think all the sets on the market are the same) and I didn't think much of working here. Many of these details will not be visible while inside the cowling. I intend to continue this way. Thanks again for the warning.

By the way, I would like to repeat that I could not post any comments since I could not see the pictures in your P-47 project. 

Cheers

2 hours ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

I would like to repeat that I could not post any comments since I could not see the pictures in your P-47 project. 

Hmmm... I know you've mentioned this before.  I'm sorry you can't see my photos. Maybe you are blocked on your end from viewing photos hosted at Postimg.cc?  I don't use it anymore but just as a test, I posted an image on IMGUR... can you see this one?

Gg1wRtC.jpg

23 minutes ago, Thunnus said:

Hmmm... I know you've mentioned this before.  I'm sorry you can't see my photos. Maybe you are blocked on your end from viewing photos hosted at Postimg.cc?  I don't use it anymore but just as a test, I posted an image on IMGUR... can you see this one?

Gg1wRtC.jpg

Yes I can see

And it looks fantastic