Ki-100 model, conversion?

denders

Well, I was thinking ahead to the Hasegawa GB. I've already decided to use the Ki-61 kit that I picked up at a show recently and then got to thinking about a Ki-100 while reading up on the aircraft.

iaf-man's input is correct, no more direct sales. Looking through what modelsforsale has listed, I don't see anything about a Ki-100.

I guess I'll just stick with building a Ki-61 and wait for ZM's kit. I don't have a Ki-61 on the shelf, so no problem. And I have ~3 months to decide which aircraft.

23 minutes ago, denders said:

I don't see anything about a Ki-100.

Probably for the best. 

I have the bubble-top Ki-100 conversion from Alley Cat, and it has issues. There are problems with the shapes (especially around the wing roots), as well as casting quality. Mine has a cockeyed fuselage half that will require major surgery to solve (after I figure out if it is just one cockeyed half or both):

xw2j1yr.jpg

HTH,

D

56 minutes ago, D Bellis said:

Probably for the best. 

I have the bubble-top Ki-100 conversion from Alley Cat, and it has issues. There are problems with the shapes (especially around the wing roots), as well as casting quality. Mine has a cockeyed fuselage half that will require major surgery to solve (after I figure out if it is just one cockeyed half or both):

xw2j1yr.jpg

HTH,

D

Well, that stinks. I thought about doing this awhile back[ like 2 years ago] I'll just wait for Z-M to hatch theirs That really is some crappy alignment, maybe a defective sample?

Just now, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Didn't Hasegawa put out a Ki-100 or am I hallucinating again? I know they put one out in 48th[ got 2 of them] If they did ,it would've been a limited production thing.

No, I'm afraid they never did.

Kev

Having being part of this set an ALL the early Alley Cat products, that was my first brand going back almost 20 years ago.

I gave up ownership of Alley Cat about 9 years ago when Alec Smith bought all the masters and rights when my business ran into financial troubles.

So onto the Ki-100, these patterns were done by my friend Phil Edwards, he created many of my masters for Alley Cat, a true craftsman, all hand pattern making.

He very unfortunately passed away in the middle of last year, far to young, as he was the same age as I am, at the time he was 60.

I am really sorry to hear and see, the distorted parts, but as Rick has stated many times they can be corrected upon, and way back then I did manage to correct some fuselage parts, not all to be honest, I would try and secure the rear, and try and manipulate the front section with hot water. If I still had access to the patterns and moulds I would replace but I do not, and I have no contact with the current owner. I do hope you can correct it.

As for the accuracy Phil did admit that once he had gained access to the Ki-100 that was at Cosford for a time, after the conversion had been on sale for quite a few years, that the wing root area was not quite correct, unfortunately that pattern never did get corrected.

Although not much help this at least explains some of the background to the subject and pattern.

Great explanation Ali.   I searched in vain for the razor back Ki-100 but never did locate one.  I did managed to secure the bubble top version.  As D mentioned above, I should check my conversion kit to see if I have the same issues.