F-103, yep I am at it again.

Dandiego

Small update. 

Fuselage section 4 has completed printing. Total of 24 hours to print both halves. I have discovered a small discrepancy, the aft Missile bay doesn't line up with the aft end of the fuselage cutout. No big deal. I will fix with a small bit of sheet plastic.

2FGywWM.jpg?1

Overall shots. The gap represents fuselage section 5. Green ruler is 12 inches.

uwxtALB.jpg?1

hyk0UKE.jpg?3

I have to say this again............This is so cool.

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

As I stated before this is a work/design in progress.  

I have tried my hand at adding some detail. So here is my first go at nose well and cockpit detail.

UcX6Pnv.jpg?1

The nose well fits like a glove. Now that I know that it fits I will add some more detail for a final print.

TmgAzZt.jpg?1

The cockpit needs some resizing. Stay tuned. I have glued section 4 to the rest of the fuselage. 19 inches tall at this point.

cszUEKR.jpg?1

The big pink blob is Bondo. Once again my mistake. I needed to fill this area because I inadvertently stopped the print at 96% completion leaving this area a little low.

Also I believe the correct build sequence will be to glue up one side completely on a flat surface. Only then should port and starboard be joined.

Live and glue and learn.

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

10 minutes ago, Jim Barry said:

Oh boy! I love it, Dan. I’m so impressed. A Super Sabre in 1:24 is getting some of my Fusion attention with a plan to DIY print it this year.  Watching you pave the roads is really helpful! 

1:24!  Dream big!

That will be huge.

Dan

That’s looking great, Dan.  Sorry about sending you the wrong missile bay file.  New (correct) one is in your inbox. It’s stacking up into a real beast and good work adding the extra parts for the pit and nose gear bay detail.  I just haven’t made it back to add those in the design file.

Keep these inspiring updates coming!!

Chad

Edited by turboprop4
Typo