F-103, yep I am at it again.

Dandiego

1 hour ago, Timmy! said:

Dangit Dan you are 50’s jet factory!  Keep rocking’.  We need to get you into the resin printing world.  You won’t have to work so hard and it’ll tune up your CAD skillz. 

props,

Timmy!

My resin printer showed up today. Take about a week to get everything going. I hope.

Dan

56 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

Now you know that the next step will be to do an F-107 Ultra Sabre and an F-108 Rapier to finish the set. And maybe even the XF-109 titljet if you're feeling spicy?

Matt 

Well Matt those all sound great. But remember this model was designed by Chad Summers not me. If I was as good and prolific as he is ......

Dan

6 minutes ago, Lee in Texas said:

Man I would love to have one of these. Is it weird to say that a plane that never advanced beyond full size mock up is the coolest jet ever? 

Cool thing about mockups was the design was always changing so no one can nail you down on any particular detail. The 103 had drastically different exhaust configurations, as well as different weapons bays. One nose wheel or two?

If I do a second one it will be in flight.

Dan

3 minutes ago, Dandiego said:

Cool thing about mockups was the design was always changing so no one can nail you down on any particular detail. The 103 had drastically different exhaust configurations, as well as different weapons bays. One nose wheel or two?

If I do a second one it will be in flight.

Dan

Yeah I like the square tail better, but both are cool. Just imagine if we had a Mach 3+ bomber hunter 70 years ago. Or if the XB-70 had gone into production, or…

Oh hey- I think a Boeing 2707 would be an awesome model, also. 

I have printed out the inlet and associated ducting. One problem, it should be installed as one piece before the fuselage halves are joined, Well, that didn't happen because I was in such a rush. So anyway, here is the part cut in half so that I can install it after the fact.

o93WGFO.jpg?2

UwGzd2H.jpg

Currently printing the compressor face. 8 hours.

Dan

Edited by Dandiego