PCM Hurricane (late) 56 Squadron….finished!

mozart

1 hour ago, mozart said:

But I don’t know if he’s still in business Dennis. I can’t find a way of ordering on his website which is why I sent him an email this morning. Fingers crossed! 

Hopefully he is still in business as I needed another correction set and Watts propellor for my rag wing build. 

Regards. Andy 

Excellent progress, Max! Brian's a member here, but I don't think he's been active for quite some time. I hope his is still in business, as I'm thinking I'll need his parts for my own build of this kit! If you get a response, please let us know.

Kev

Will do Kev. If Brian wasn’t still in business I don’t see the benefit of his website still being there, but on the other hand I couldn’t see a way of ordering, and the site looks a bit “neglected”! Half of me is optimistic, but t’other half……? :blink:

PS. More work on the Moth tomorrow! :)

Edited by mozart

Excellent work!!! By the way, to me, there is a reason explaining the fact some Black dog figures have quite soft faces and hands: they look like perfect copies of Airfix plastic 1/32 multipose figures parts... This explains that! Typically this is why I'm often avoiding figures for which the master has been made by Radek Tomanec... Caveat Emptor.

Looking good Max. I made my own doghouse extension (long before Brian offered his).

I didn't bother with the nose coversion as the difference is barely noticeable (to me).

BngfS1p.png

Don't forget the hole in the port side. I have no idea what it's for but it's on all Hurricanes.

5r5Tmdy.jpg

I highly recommend the AIMS Rotol spinner and blades. Also Barracuda's wheels.

Have fun.

Thanks Mike, I emailed John last night about his Rotol prop but no reply yet, and I’ve had no reply from Brian either which is ominous though he could be away. That ‘hole’, isn’t it a hand-hold with a spring mounted cover?

VZpwCc.jpg

Now you see it:

X6ZPzC.jpg

Now you don’t:

F7VyDU.jpg

Edited by mozart

I’ve had a reply from Brian Fawcett, he closed his business due to “problems caused by Brexit” (what sn inspired event that was!) but is able to supply items as a personal sale so I’m ordering both the Watts and Rotol props, £4.50 and £5.50 respectively. Kev, I’ve asked him about availability etc of the dog kennel set, will let you know. 

I’ve been trying to do a test fit for the dog kennel linked with the cockpit assembly and armour plating, quite tricky with the way the kit is constructed. I envisage some heavyweight clamping happening:

dEPekZ.jpg

Obviously there are refinements in many places to achieve a better fit, the first thing I’ve done is to thin the plastic behind the dog kennel so that it’s a little more flexible:

UiGDWo.jpg

And the cockpit assembly as it stands at the moment:

yUvMxF.jpg

The seat belts are HGW ones left over from a Mosquito kit, I don’t think I’ve put them together correctly and there’s another set of straps to come, but it’s good enough! :huh::P

Edited by mozart

20 hours ago, mozart said:

That ‘hole’, isn’t it a hand-hold with a spring mounted cover?

This hole , I think it's a vent as it's positioned at the cutout opening where there

is a vacuum / draw.  :shrug:

kBD3lkk.jpg

...not a big deal, but it is usually visible.

Thot you might like to know about it.

• 8 months later...

This build of mine, started last year, has been moved here since it qualifies on all counts: less than 25% completed and F/O Brooker was certainly an “ace”.  I spent an hour yesterday looking over the work so far done and planning the next steps, the first of which will be detailing this area:

dkqEI4.png

because those two prominent pipes are not very well formed on the Fawcett resin nose. Probably going to use nickel silver pipes if the size is about right……but very happy to be part of this GB chaps! :D (Albeit a bit late!) :P

Edited by mozart