MQ-8B Fire Scout on LCS3 - Brengun / scratch, 1/32

Starfighter

The end of the year is approaching, so I thought it was time for some glamour shots of my (record breaking!) third finished model of 2023: Brengun's 1/32nd scale MQ-8B Fire Scout which found a new home on a scratchbuilt LCS-3 flight deck. The figurines are from Reedoak, accessories like the little Tesla ground power unit, padeyes, all kinds of small boxes, the big red handles and small details like the pitot tubes and the tie down eyelets were CAD designed and 3D printed. The tie down tensioners are downloadable files from REMJ. My friend Christoph Wolfsberger was kind enough to print most of the small details on his Sonic Mini 8K - thank you very much, mate! The net frames are a mixture of 3D printed parts (the curved ones) and brass tubes from Albion Alloys Precision Metals. The nets themselves are made of onion bags from a belgian supermarket - special thanks to my good buddy Frederick Jacobs for eating tons of onions to make sure I get enough nets! I hope you enjoy the photos - please let me know what you think.

img_4927ae2djf.jpg

img_4930a0fdeq.jpg

img_4932afuix8.jpg

img_4934a4bihq.jpg

img_4937ad7iwh.jpg

img_4939azbdzk.jpg

img_4941a0zf04.jpg

img_4944aqfff3.jpg

img_4946a6kcws.jpg

img_4949a5jfg1.jpg

img_4956a9uivg.jpg

img_4958qverl.jpg

img_4959acrdsh.jpg

img_4961azaiux.jpg

img_4963a10ch6.jpg

img_4965ahqf6c.jpg

img_4966ahxipf.jpg

img_4967au1ivk.jpg

Great, great, great! Second to none! Splendid! Wonderful! Leider geil!

Running out of superlatives :tumble: Do you want ot build my copy too? And give it back after painting? :whistle:

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed to see you and this sweetie at EME 2023! Guess this will be dropped into competition. It's a worth one, indeed!

Kudos

- dutik

• 3 weeks later...