Luftwaffe's Warthog: The Hs.129

Uncarina

On 11/23/2022 at 7:53 PM, mc65 said:

I'm a little perplexed about the ZM kits and their cost-benefit ratio, they seem too complex to me, with their very didactic internal details, but of little practical use.

but seeing your Ki-45, and waiting for the HS 129, both planes that I adore, I start to think about it...

I'm sure enough you already know the following photos, but having a folder "Hs 129" at hand, I hope to please you by posting them here. in case they bother you, tell me I'll take them off.

cheers, paolo

11427189_905027642886726_920172270268775

That one seriously looks like it was camouflaged with a paint roller!  Field expedient, I suppose...

On 12/7/2022 at 11:18 AM, Greif8 said:

Cool another cycilist in our midst!  I am a fairly dedicated roadie Jay and enjoy riding quite a bit.  The only downside is how much it cuts into modeling Apr-Oct as I try to get in circa 700 kms per month.  Ride on man!

Ernest

So that makes 3 of us!  used to road race, mostly to gravel rides/races now.  Definitely makes modeling more of a winter sport....

My thinking is that the Tunisia Hs.129's all had RLM71, 72, and 65 complete with national markings and stencils. At the unit level RLM 79 was then applied over this, and while most of what I've seen appears to have been applied with an airbrush, others were applied with a brush or broom:

Zs3KrRj.jpg

gFQQpyM.jpg(From FalkeEins website)

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

That one seriously looks like it was camouflaged with a paint roller!  Field expedient, I suppose...

And here is another,  still don't know if I like what I did but it is absolutely in keeping with Romanian Hs129 winter colours and was do hard to replicate as well.

20210307_155303.jpg

Regards.Andy 

Edited by monthebiff

Just a little update this time. I've assembled the main landing gear, attached the firewall and engines, then attached the nacelles. I had to trim a little off of one bulkhead on one side to get the nacelle halves to close, but otherwise the fit was good once I applied tape to hold the parts in position. The engines slid into position very nicely, but test fitting the cowlings reveals some trouble ahead getting them to fit over the engines. Once I've added them however I can start thinking seriously about paint!

wpN3DyA.jpg

caVEkAQ.jpg

joWJl03.jpg

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina