Luftwaffe's Warthog: The Hs.129

Uncarina

14 minutes ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Flawless....

Cheers,

Damian

Damian, you are far too kind! I’ve carefully hid them from view :D.

4 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Tom,

Looks perfect!  Good move on dropping the flaps.  will add some visual interest.

Thanks Gary!  The Tamiya AS-12  paint has a way of glamorizing whatever you paint. Glad you like the dropped flaps; I was pretty happy with how they came out.

Cheers,  Tom

4 hours ago, Greif8 said:

Superb construction and execution of the modifications Tom.  The build looks outstanding thus far.

Ernest

Thank you Ernest! I’m finally getting to my favorite part.

2 hours ago, Archimedes said:

That is super-clean work Tom, really nicely done!

Kind regards,

Paul

Thank you Paul, you’re very kind! Sanding and filling seams was the most time-consuming part.

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks John! In addition to those masks, I have the 1ManArmy set and another printed off a Studio3 file, so I should be covered! And I agree: I’ve had issues with the ZM masks in the past, especially on compound curves.

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Looking very good.  Paint next, which is always exciting.  One thing to watch - when I did mine, I found that during spraying, the blue mask started to peel off the windscreen.  Thankfully, this happened as the paint was drying, so on overspray on the windscreen and a new mask using Tamiya masking tape fixed the problem.

Cheers,

Michael

10 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Looking very good.  Paint next, which is always exciting.  One thing to watch - when I did mine, I found that during spraying, the blue mask started to peel off the windscreen.  Thankfully, this happened as the paint was drying, so on overspray on the windscreen and a new mask using Tamiya masking tape fixed the problem.

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks Michael! In that case, I’ll go ahead and swap out those outer masks for the Oramask 510 set I printed.

48 minutes ago, tucohoward said:

Looking really good, Tom. Definitely like the dropped flaps. Funny, I really liked the Z-M masks for the 109, granted no real curves on that canopy.

Jay

Thanks Jay! Not sure why ZM just didn’t include a set of actuators for the dropped flaps. This aircraft only has a slight curve on the windscreen and the rest of the canopy has flat panels, but from Michael’s feedback I’m not going to leave it to chance.

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina