Wingnut Wings customers' models contributors

Christa

Did you submit pictures of your Wingnut Wings builds to their Customers' Models section?

Did that section influence your purchases?

Did that section influence the quality and enjoyment of your builds?

I cant say that having pics of my finished model on a website or in magazines has never been a want or goal of mine, although it has happened. I would say that none of that would really have any influence over my purchase. I enjoy seeing well done models but it would not really influence my decision, just as seeing a poorly done model would not. 

1 hour ago, Christa said:

Did you submit pictures of your Wingnut Wings builds to their Customers' Models section?

57 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

1. No

2. No

3. No

Ditto. 

I did spend a fair bit of time looking at the OTHER sections on the website. Hints and tips, instruction sheets, reference pics etc.

I agree with Jug; photos of models have generally never influenced me one way or the other. As Brian states, I too have had some of my kits in FSM over the years, but aside from that, zero influence from seeing other stuff by other modelers.

OK, thanks folks. I didn't expect to be censored! Master builders' models are inspiring, sometimes astonishing, always a source of enjoyment for me.

What about those WnW archive photos?   

(That buzz rapidly circulating Telford IPMS 2018 as WnW's Handley Page 0/400 was announced - classic, 'It's a Paralyser!' Most of us far from the WnW stand knew what that meant. Good fun. Memorable moment, albeit meandering, maybe.)

Wingnut Wangs established and has left open useful and supportive elements on its website. I wonder what other companies have ever done that? Should they? My copy of Wingleader Photo Archive Number 1; Supermarine Spitfire Mk 1, is a helpful reference for my next Spitfire builds, but it did not come free. I wonder if WnW's missed a commercial opportunity by freely providing their extensive photographic archive? I am interested in the outcomes of such generous website support, or was it merely intelligent self promotion? What difference did that archive have for members of this community and the models we build? Was it worth doing, worth having available? Is it still helpful? 

I'd ask Wingnut Wings for their opinions, but . . . 

1 hour ago, Christa said:

OK, thanks folks. I didn't expect to be censored! Master builders' models are inspiring, sometimes astonishing, always a source of enjoyment for me.

(That buzz rapidly circulating Telford IPMS 2018 as WnW's Handley Page 0/400 was announced - classic, 'It's a Paralyser!' Most of us far from the WnW stand knew what that meant. Good fun. Memorable moment, albeit meandering, maybe.)

Wingnut Wangs established and has left open useful and supportive elements on its website. I wonder what other companies have ever done that? Should they? My copy of Wingleader Photo Archive Number 1; Supermarine Spitfire Mk 1, is a helpful reference for my next Spitfire builds, but it did not come free. I wonder if WnW's missed a commercial opportunity by freely providing their extensive photographic archive? I am interested in the outcomes of such generous website support, or was it merely intelligent self promotion? What difference did that archive have for members of this community and the models we build? Was it worth doing, worth having available? Is it still helpful? 

Wingnut Wangs......Sounds like a possible new company from Sir Peter.

2 hours ago, Christa said:

Those are some deeply thoughtful questions, good on ya.

when I see things happen I just take them at face value as they happened without thinking any further about it. Then someone like you comes along and raises the questions and I find myself going “hey, ya…why is that?”

thanks for doing all the work.

On 10/5/2022 at 12:11 PM, Christa said:

Yes I did

No that section did not influence purchases, but I was already sold on their products/subjects offered.

Maybe? I will say I liked seeing the builds of other modelers and the section may have influenced my builds of kits etc. positively?

On 10/6/2022 at 3:11 AM, Christa said:

Yes, just like with Tamiya catalog when kid. I tended to look at products page most often but occasionally other modellers builds to go wow. But their instructions were of main interest. 

You might want to join the WW1 aircraft modelling forum site for better feedback to this question 

Edited by Pup7309