Finished !! 1/32 Spitfire Mk.XII ( Hasegawa + Paragon + Warbird + Grey Matter )

Tolga ULGUR

Good to see another 12 being built. I used Grey Matter bits on a Hasegawa V for mine but there was a lot of filler involved and I had to make new props as they were way too short, also the spinner was undersized. Every time I look at it in the display cabinet I think I should redo the spinner and maybe the props. By the way the 12 didn't have nav lights on the wing tips (don't ask me why). Always admire your clean work.

TRF

4 hours ago, fastterry said:

Good to see another 12 being built. I used Grey Matter bits on a Hasegawa V for mine but there was a lot of filler involved and I had to make new props as they were way too short, also the spinner was undersized. Every time I look at it in the display cabinet I think I should redo the spinner and maybe the props. By the way the 12 didn't have nav lights on the wing tips (don't ask me why). Always admire your clean work.

TRF

Thanks a lot for the warning. Yes you are absolutely right. 

Wingtip lights were an unnecessary effort. Fortunately, I can fix it by painting. I need to be a little more careful

On the other hand, I also noticed that Gray Matter's propellers are short. I'll use Paragon's parts

3 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

I have to admit I do like the looks of the Mk.XII.  Thanks for sharing this with us Tolga.  

48 minutes ago, Gerhard said:

WOW, what a brilliant effort. Looking real good. 

28 minutes ago, dennismcc said:

That is looking great, I really like it.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks for your comments , much appreciated.

On 9/19/2022 at 12:42 PM, scimitarf1 said:

I have the Paragon conversion but intend to mate it with the Tamiya Mk VIII or Mk IX. I appreciate that the cross section is slightly different but that is what a sanding stick is for! 

Has anyone tried this combo? 

Will

Hi Will,

I recently finished a Mk XIV using parts from the PCM kit and mated it to the Tamiya Mk VIII. It worked surprisingly well. Unfortunately I can't speak for the Paragon set, but using Tamiya for the base kit turned out to be a very good decision. 

Victor

20220904-143833.jpg

20220904-144516.jpg