1/35 Boeing AH-64D/E Apache from Takom

Kagemusha

22 minutes ago, John1 said:

It's present in the AH-64E Apache Guardian kit, I would hope the other E kit would have it as well but am not sure.   If the Brits aren't using the upwards facing exhausts on their Apaches, then stay away from the Guardian kit because it doesn't offer the earlier style engine exhausts. 

Looks like the exhaust exits from a rear facing exhaust system the British one. Looks like we need the E’s of the World kit which has some schemes on the box with the Longbow fitted so hopefully it’s included. I need to find some sprue shots or unboxing videos.

Edited by ade rowlands

The Es of the World kit has both exhausts.  Even though the upturned exhausts aren’t used for the decal options provided, there are some E specific parts on that sprue that are needed for the kit, so the sprue is included.  The Longbow radar is included in all of the kits, as well as the rotor cap when the radar isn’t fitted.

I’ve previously shared the kit differences.

Edited by Dave Williams

16 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

The Es of the World kit has both exhausts.  Even though the upturned exhausts aren’t used for the decal options provided, there are some E specific parts on that sprue that are needed for the kit, so the sprue is included.  The Longbow radar is included in all of the kits, as well as the rotor cap when the radar isn’t fitted.

I’ve previously shared the kit differences.

Thanks for that confirmation Dave. I shall now go see who has the best price for the kit here and get one ordered.

I have all three kits.  I can probably take pics of each to show the differences between them on Weds.  I was really hoping for them to show some love to Israel in the D but like was mentioned before, the scheme choices in the D and E kits are kind of blah.

10 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Personally I'm waiting for an Israeli version from one of them. I'm sure at least one will come.

I think I will build the Qatar Apache.. it looks cool in desert camo. 

I would really like to get a JASDF Apache though..

Basic idea of what is in each kit

D E EofW  
A X X X arms
B     X pylons/wingtips
C X   X exhaust/early
D   X X exhaust/late
E X X X hoses
F X X X rotor hub
G   X X wheel hub/early
H X   X wheel hub/early
J   X X blades/late
K X     blades/early
L X X X engine
M X X X cockpit
N X X X exterior/wings
P X X X LG/exterior
Q X X X glass
R X X   rotor fold

As one can see, only the E's of the World has the B sprue but it also contains everything but the rotor fold and D blades.  The EoW kit also has some 3D parts.  I will post pics of each sprue Weds or so.

4 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

Aren't there a bunch of differences needed to do an Israeli AH-64 Sharaf? Or is it just decals needed?

Matt 

There should be several at least in terms of the avionics.  I am sure someone can point to all of it before I get to doing the research.

A really quick glance shows that it would need flare/chaff pods along the spine behind the engines, new wings that also have two flare/chaff pods each as well as satellite communication equipment in these little spheres, and several small sensors and antennae in various spots.  Most everything else is close if not the same.  Maybe they will do a new kit with an extra sprue or perhaps Isradecals will do a transkit.  The external fuel pods would be a nice addition as well but not absolutely necessary.

3 minutes ago, nichenson said:

A really quick glance shows that it would need flare/chaff pods along the spine behind the engines, new wings that also have two flare/chaff pods each as well as satellite communication equipment in these little spheres, and several small sensors and antennae in various spots.  Most everything else is close if not the same.  Maybe they will do a new kit with an extra sprue or perhaps Isradecals will do a transkit.  The external fuel pods would be a nice addition as well but not absolutely necessary.

I’m not an expert but I believe most / all of their Apaches are now equipped with Spike ER missiles as well.