1/35 Boeing AH-64D/E Apache from Takom

Kagemusha

17 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I'm hoping someone comes out with resin Hellfire missiles , I hate photoetch fins!

ResKit has Hellfire missiles, but they also have PE fins.  Probably have to do 3D printed ones to get the fin thickness close to PE thickness.

For those who partake in FB, there is a pretty decent page dedicated to the Takom / Meng AH-64 kits.   Some good info on the kit from multiple sources, including a nice evaluation offered by Jonathon Bernstein (an ex-Apache pilot, modeler and author of a few very nicely done Osprey books).   Also has some posts by a guy working on some aftermarket bits.     

TAKOM/MENG 1/35 AH-64 build group | Facebook

I have to admit - I wasn't that interested in building an Apache but the more I see the quality of these kits, the more inclined I am to give one a try. 

Reskit seems pretty close to releasing some pylons (I have no idea what they are improving upon but they look pretty nice regardless.  They also offer "late" pylons and a set with external fuel tanks. 

326744122_929431564739059_6263550070207792190_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p600x600&_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=f35jBNVeBBwAX-XEDXS&tn=uhDN16z2HrKXpNOS&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.xx&oh=00_AfBToY2G836-mKXz-yTLzqAx9FE3cnnfjHbQnLejATUZTg&oe=63DF3B11

Also have a guy doing an absolutely amazing 3D printed helmet.

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Edited by John1