AIMS Spitfire PR1G using Revell Mk II kit

Pastor John

6 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

If you want to see a commercial aircraft in service weathering I can provide inservice 737NG landing gear well pictures at your convenance.

I don't know about John, but given my growing collection of 1/72 737 kits, I might have to take you up on that one myself!

Kev

On 8/23/2022 at 8:30 AM, Pastor John said:
AIMS 1/32 Spitfire PR 1G update
I do not care which country you live in or how good a modeller you are or if your thing is decals or masks - I confess that after being a writer and a producer for more than 25 years this stage scares me witless! Rivets and a panel that will come off again all equal - careful shepherding, praying and running to the toilet!

Try this:

With a pointed brush, put small drops of Micro Set randomly where the decal is supposed to go.

Remove any excess water from the bottom of the decal.

Slide decal into position.

Use a soft brush (preferably sable) to smooth out the decal by gently pushing moisture out from under it.

Airbrush Micro Sol over the decal Wait a minute and repeat. Airbrushing applies an even coat on the decal softening it evenly rather than leaving random puddles that unevenly soften the decal. Micro Sol will not damage your airbrush, but flush with water when you're done.

171665008.jpg