AIMS Spitfire PR1G using Revell Mk II kit

Pastor John

Kev I painted a line of about 4 recessed rivets and put them in one by one mostly - some time two by two went into the Ark haha. The hardest part is picking them up with the tip of the paint brush - not so much a problem with the 0.3 as they did not want to conjoin but the small 0.2 conjoin so easily so it is best to try and pick them up in isolation to avoid groups of them getting stuck together with any transfer of Future into the mass. Every now and then I would pick up the tiny little walled container I was using a few mm and drop it back to the ground and they would starburst again to help me get to them in isolation. You can get a group of them and do in one go 3 or four holes but you have to work super fast to shepherd them and separate them - hard work even with good hands!

Edited by Pastor John

4 minutes ago, Pastor John said:

Kev I painted a line of about 4 recessed rivets and put them in one by one mostly - some time two by two went into the Ark haha. The hardest part is picking them up with the tip of the paint brush - not so much a problem with the 0.3 as they did not want to conjoin but the small 0.2 conjoin so easily so it is best to try and pick them up in isolation to avoid groups of them getting stuck together with any transfer of Future into the mass. Every now and then I would pick up the tiny little walled container I was using a few mm and drop it pack to the ground and they would starburst again to help me get to them in isolation. You can get a group of them and do in one go 3 or four holes but you have to work super fast to shepherd them and separate them - hard work even with good hands!

Thanks, John. I've half a mind to try this myself on the Revell kit. Just depends on whether I can find some balls.

Kev

9 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Thanks, John. I've half a mind to try this myself on the Revell kit. Just depends on whether I can find some balls.

Kev

Kev I posted an ebay link a few posts back so you at least know the brand to look for - there are many other brands obviously but normally in huge quantities

Edited by Pastor John

• 2 weeks later...
AIMS 1/32 Spitfire PR 1G update
I do not care which country you live in or how good a modeller you are or if your thing is decals or masks - I confess that after being a writer and a producer for more than 25 years this stage scares me witless! Rivets and a panel that will come off again all equal - careful shepherding, praying and running to the toilet!
20220823-141753.jpg
Edited by Pastor John

3 hours ago, Pastor John said:
AIMS 1/32 Spitfire PR 1G update
I do not care which country you live in or how good a modeller you are or if your thing is decals or masks - I confess that after being a writer and a producer for more than 25 years this stage scares me witless! Rivets and a panel that will come off again all equal - careful shepherding, praying and running to the toilet!

Man, I hear you!! I use stencils as much as possible for that reason. 

• 2 weeks later...
AIMS 1/32 Spitfire PR 1G conversion with Barracuda details update.
Hi everyone I have been at it slowly. Not my best work but my hands are bad. Photos show this bird rather dirty after numerous leaks but I have overdone it as my raised rivets did not allow me to wipe away the oil wash I did not want - I could overspray but would rather leave as is. Flash photography makes everything look worse than it is so avoided that apart from a cockpit photo. Hope you like - lots more to do yet - baby steps! John
IMGP7205.jpgIMGP7264.jpgIMGP7217.jpgIMGP7280.jpg