AT-AT nose dive

Neo

HI Guys 

after building my 1/32 F4U twins i wanted to have a short fun and easy project. 

So i pulled out my Bandai 1/44 AT-AT and my 1/48+1/144 Snow speeder, from the later i just took the 1/144 kit the 1/48 if for another time

To go along my policy of always trying something new on each models i make, Snow was the new element! i actually made it today with the kids, was a super fun project, Shaving cream and baking soda! 

The models are all painted using AK interactive lacquers, mainly White gray, using the black basing technique to get some color depth  then i used Flory washes and wrapped up some streaking using oils. 

for the snow speeder, the hope was that the steel wire would be strong enough to hold it but i didn't get that lucky, i tried to make stretched sprue with some clear sprues, i only succeeded once in making a nice thin strong one but it ended up being too short.  so finally i added a small styrene rod to help support the weight. 

Here is the final result 

AT-AT_main_67-1__o5opxM7ARO.jpg?ik-sdk-v

AT-AT_rear_left_76-9__epAT-XbPUO.jpg?ik-

AT-AT_front_LFYOoeKCN4.jpg?ik-sdk-versio

AT-AT_rear_74-7__3GUSARSS6X.jpg?ik-sdk-v

AT-AT_top_82-15__gyVSBLlB5rl.jpg?ik-sdk-

If you have never built a Bandai Star Wars kit you are missing out, these things are AMAZING. 

Hope you like it 

Cheers

15 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Really nice! I have always wanted to do a similar dio.

Thanks was really fun build

7 hours ago, jenshb said:

That must have cost you a fortune in cocaine:)

Seriously though - nice one with a bot of action.

LMAO got a volume discount from my supplier!!! 

5 hours ago, nmayhew said:

the models and scene are very good

the snow looks badly out of scale to me; sorry

Hey thanks for the comment, i appreciate the constructive comment. I was actually playing around with some left over snow this morning and it kinda became harder allowing me to crush it in smaller grains. Noting is glued on so might play with it a bid more

Cheers

Great looking diorama! I've got a pile of the Bandai Star Wars kits in the stash including a bunch of their Millennium Falcons in all three scales. They can be a great refresher build after something more challenging. 

I'm planning to do a Death Star trench run diorama with the various bases they've included with their 1/72 kits. 

Carl

"Good shot Janson!

"Cable out, let'er go!"

Great job on your vignette Neo, and yes I am a Star Wars geek!  The defense of Echo Base on Hoth from the imperial assault was one of the high points of the original trilogy.  You certainly did one of that "battle's" most famous scenes justice.

Ernest

Edited by Greif8

On 3/20/2022 at 6:42 PM, MARU5137 said:

Neo,

Crisp lines and good-looking  Bandai  model. 

you all did an AMAZING  job.

I am impressed. 

:wow:   :clap2:

Ray  Didn't know that you could buy scenic snow or that such a product existed. Well I never... !!

:thumbsup:

Thank for the support Maru

On 3/20/2022 at 6:56 PM, GreyGhost said:

Great job Neo ..!:clap2:

One of my favorite scenes from my favorite SW movie ..!:thumbsup:

~Gregg

Thanks Gregg

On 3/27/2022 at 10:29 PM, BloorwestSiR said:

Great looking diorama! I've got a pile of the Bandai Star Wars kits in the stash including a bunch of their Millennium Falcons in all three scales. They can be a great refresher build after something more challenging. 

I'm planning to do a Death Star trench run diorama with the various bases they've included with their 1/72 kits. 

Carl

ive got allot of them too, your in for a treat! 

On 3/30/2022 at 6:11 AM, Greif8 said:

"Good shot Janson!

"Cable out, let'er go!"

Great job on your vignette Neo, and yes I am a Star Wars geek!  The defense of Echo Base on Hoth from the imperial assault was one of the high points of the original trilogy.  You certainly did one of that "battle's" most famous scenes justice.

Ernest

Thanks Ernest, considering its only my second dio im quite happy

On 3/30/2022 at 1:09 PM, BiggTim said:

Cool! I did the exact same dio once years ago, but it has not survived. I used a really stiff wire for the cable and it supported the snowspeeder by itself. I have got to try one of these Bandai kits!

Tim

Very cool ! i didnt have stiff/thin enough wire on hand but that was the original plan