Aires sets for the Doyusha Willow kits!

thierry laurent

Hi folks.

Aires just announced the release of various small resin sets for that old lady. The ones I saw will noticeably improve the venturi probe, oil radiator and cockpit seats.

Franky, I did not see that coming after so many years. Happy to see they can still consider aftermarket for old kits.:clap2:

T.

36 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Hi folks.

Aires just announced the release of various small resin sets for that old lady. The ones I saw will noticeably improve the venturi probe, oil radiator and cockpit seats.

Franky, I did not see that coming after so many years. Happy to see they can still consider aftermarket for old kits.:clap2:

Well isn't that right out of the blue!   I did a review on the ol girl a ways back, and like you never thought we'd see any AM for this girl after all these decades. Shes nearly as old as I am.

3 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

Too bad I already built the only one I ever will, but that's good news. Do you suppose that means someone will be re-popping it?

The one I reviewed back in the fall of 2019 was a re-release from 2018 that included new Cartograf decals. 

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=2249

21 hours ago, BiggTim said:

Too bad I already built the only one I ever will, but that's good news. Do you suppose that means someone will be re-popping it?

IIRC it was rereleased during 2019. 

oops my bad. Did not read… more coffee clean glasses 

Edited by Rick Griewski
Slow morning so far

Looking forward to the Aires updates for the Willow.  Seriously.   That said, I really hope they will NOT be undersized and fit poorly.  The upgrades all seem to be external fixes for the most part, correct?  The cockpit seats (with the exception) will be a really nice item to obtain.   I really look forward to a proper review once lunched.  I will reserve obtaining any aftermarket from Aires until then.  I have been burned more than a few times with Aires aftermarket undersized items.  Lets hope this is not the case here.  

My two cents.  I love the additions to the old girl.   Let's hope they are ALL good.  

regards,