Revell "new" releases...

Kagemusha

20 minutes ago, Andreas Beck said:

....and it is not unfair to tell that the design of the Hurricane and the Strike Eagle (at least) come from the same dedicated soul, brain and hands as the Me 262s and the P-51.

What a shame they were defintely not involved in the development of the 1/32 Super Hornet...

That's excellent news. Thank you to all concerned.  I'm in for the 1/32 Bf 109 G-2/4 and a brace of Hurricane IIBs. 

Must catch up with the Mustangs. I think those two will yield greater joy than one Hornet. 

Tony

New parts:

landing gear legs (early style), spoked wheels with 650 x 150  tyres, small tail wheel / fork, new engine hood (sides) new engine top with different shaped gun troughs, upper inner wings w/o kidney bulges (the ones from the G-6 kit should still be in as the oil cooler housing is on the same sprue).

Edited by Andreas Beck
edit mistake

3 hours ago, oyoy5 said:

Sweet I was hoping they would do an F and a K-4 but I guess it’s not in the cards.

Hopefully they release those later.  The Trumpeter F is kind of messed up and the Hasegawa isn't the easiest to find.  

"Fellow board members, our algorithms show that the are quite enough plastic model airplane kits in the world, and it would be financially foolish of us to add to them.

We are therefore stopping the design and production of any more and will henceforth concentrate on employee keyfobs, which we predict will be the growth sector of the future".

I am happy to see Revell continue to support 1/32 scale with the new Hurricane and the early  Bf 109 G.

I wonder if the Hurricane will be  designed to give us a Mark I release at some time in the future?   All of their recent /32 scale kits have been been designed to accommodate different versions...

51 minutes ago, RBrown said:

I am happy to see Revell continue to support 1/32 scale with the new Hurricane and the early  Bf 109 G.

I wonder if the Hurricane will be  designed to give us a Mark I release at some time in the future?   All of their recent /32 scale kits have been been designed to accommodate different versions...

Sure! A Mk.I would just need new wings and a new fuselage. Hurricane IIb’s had the underwing hardpoints and a total of 12 .303s, six per wing. The nose was also longer, with the length added to the panel directly in front of the windshield to accommodate the Merlin XX with the two-speed supercharger.

2 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

Sure! A Mk.I would just need new wings and a new fuselage. Hurricane IIb’s had the underwing hardpoints and a total of 12 .303s, six per wing. The nose was also longer, with the length added to the panel directly in front of the windshield to accommodate the Merlin XX with the two-speed supercharger.

Hasegawa did it in 1/48 scale 25 years ago, so maybe Revell could pull it of in 1/32...

1 hour ago, RBrown said:

Hasegawa did it in 1/48 scale 25 years ago, so maybe Revell could pull it of in 1/32...

Yes, and Hasegawa had separate complete wing molds for the Mk.I and the b/c/d variants of the Mk.II. The fuselage aft of the windshield panel line was common between all the variants. Revell could do that but it would be expensive in 1/32. My guess is we’ll see a IIb, a IIc, and perhaps a IId, but no Mk.I. Time will tell.